16 Sixteen

I watch as Hades and Karai train with balancing their aura and distribute it equally to each part of our body.
Ha-Focus on something you like and reach out for it.
K-Perhaps an example might help.
Hades snaps his fingers but instead of his aura coming out as the usual reaper it comes as a sword with its edge and holder finely shaped.
Ha-My aura is a reaper but that's when is for battle or when I'm mad but for other things I can reshape it to anything I need. If I need to hold something I shape it into a hand. Now, your aura is a hawk but you want to call it forth as something else.
She nods and closes her eyes to concentrate. It takes a few tries but she manages to formulate a butterfly with it.
K-Look, I did it.
Ha-Good job, told you you could do it. Okay, that's it for today. Let's go back home.
We go to the car and we go home. We pass a group of kids walking and I see that Karai's expression turns from a smile to a begful one like she wants something. I turn to look at her and make her look at me.
-Are you okay?
K-Why are there no more kids at Olympus?
She asks so naturally that it caughts me off guard and I turn to look at the kids disappear.
-Oh, that's a good question. Umm, well,
I nudge Hades on the shoulder but he too is still thinking about an answer.
-They already grew up and now they're not kids anymore.
She nods shrugging and doesn't talk the rest of the way home.

Ten Years Later
I'm fixing Karai's dress as she looks at herself on the mirror.
-So, how does it feel? What do you think about this one?
She turns looking at the dress as she models it from every angle and she makes a face of doubt still not convinced.
K-Is cute and all but is too, I don't know. It just doesn't feel right.
-Next one then?
K-Next one.
I get the next one as she takes off the current dress. She puts it on and smiles but still look doubtful.
K-This one has a very high possibility of being bought. I'm going to put it on the side because is still not there. Is missing that something that I'm looking for.
I shrug and as I stretch out my arm to help her out of the dress we hear Hades from outside.
Ha-Are you done yet?
K-With this dress yes. I'm trying out a new one.
We laugh as we hear him groan.
Ha-This is taking too long.
-You agreed to it.
K-And you want me to look at my best, don't you?
Ha-At least show me some if you're going to keep trying dresses.
K-Fair enough.
She gives me the dress and I hang it as she tries the other one. I open the door for Hades to see and he looks at her as she twirls and models for him.
Ha-You're glowing with beauty.
K-Aww, you only say that because you love me.
Ha-Not true, ask your mother.
K-Mom?
-You look perfect.
K-Of course you'll say that. You're my parents, you're supposed to tell me I look great. Go, I'm going to try another one.
He goes and we pass through countless dresses until she decides for one. When she starts taking it off I stop her.
-Aren't you going to show him?
K-Surprise, surprise. He'll find out on the party.
I nod and she continues changing into her clothes as I take the dress and go to pay it. I go carefully so Hades doesn't see it. Karai comes out of the changing rooms as she fixes her hair in a braid by the side.
K-We can go home now.
Ha-Did you find the perfect dress at least?
She points to me and I hold up the bag to confirm her words but get it back and out of his reach.
-You can't see it yet.
K-Not until the party tomorrow.
-I don't believe it. Just yesterday you were our little girl.
Ha-And now you're about to turn sixteen.
K-And I'm going to have the best party ever because I have the best parents ever.
She crushes Hades in a hug squeezing for a few seconds before she let's go.
K-And I'll have my dance too.
Ha-Of course you'll have it. I promised you you'll have a dance and I always keep my promises or have I broken a promise to you before?
K-No, you always keep your promises.
-Can I drive back home?
Hades gives me the car keys and I give the bag to Karai. I whisper on her ear something and she laughs nodding. We get to the car and I get the seat in position as I start to drive slowly until Karai groans.
K-Can't you speed up?
Ha-Be careful what you wish for.
K-Faster.
-Hold on then.
She holds on and Hades does too and I speed up like a bullet and I see as Hades goes deeper on his seat and Karai lifts her hands in joy screaming and laughing obviously enjoying it. When we get home she jumps out of the car and I point to Hades as he's still holding to his seat. She laughs a bit and we both give him a kiss on each cheek. Karai gives him a hug until he reacts.
Ha-Okay, that's enough. Let's go inside.
He steps out of the car and we all go inside.
K-Do you want to borrow the tiger for a bit?
Ha-I didn't know you still had that but no, I don't need it.
K-I do still have it. He sleeps with me every night since I got it. I use it as a pillow.
Ha-I thought that was only when you wanted to play or like that.
K-No, I still sleep with it. I'm going to get this to my room and I'll be right back.
Karai hurries to her room and when she comes back she has changed clothes as well. She sits across the couch with her feet up and she takes her phone out and dials a number, she puts her headphones on sticks her tongue out as we leave to make dinner together. After a couple minutes we hear as Karai calls us both and when we go she's still on the couch on her phone.
K-Wave hello.
We look at each other and shrug before we wave at her.
K-Thank you, you can go now. Actually, mom, come here a second.
I look at Hades and he goes back to the kitchen as I go to Karai's side. She gives me one of the ear buds so I can listen and I smile as I see she's in a video chat with Persephone. I say hi to her and after I confirm some things she waves me goodbye and I go with Hades at the kitchen. Before he can even speak I do.
-Don't ask about it because I won't tell.
Ha-I didn't say anything. Yet.
He smiles devilishly and he pulls me closer to him.
Ha-Have I told you I love you?
-Not enough.
He gives me a kiss and says a word between the kisses before he kisses me deeply.
Ha-I........love........you.
He gives me a deep kiss holding me by the face as I put my hands on his chest.
-I love you too.
He gives me another kiss before going back to what he was doing. When we get to the living room yet again Karai is still on her phone and when she sees us she jolts in alert.
K-Quickly, give me a COT. TH now.
Hades gives her feet a pat and she pulls them away but as soon as Hades sits she stretches them again on top of him.
K-One second, dad, what time we have to be at the party tomorrow?
Ha-We have to be there at six with the guests arriving at seven and you get your entrance after everyone is there and I'll be waiting for you.
K-You hear that?........Yes, of course you can in fact I would love you to do that..........okay, bye, see you then.
She hangs up and she looks at us before she gets up and stretches. She goes to the kitchen and gets a bottle of water for herself. She drinks it in a single throw and she throws it away satisfied.
K-Well, I'm going to sleep early today to have double energy for tomorrow. Good night to you both.
She gives us a kiss before she goes to her room to sleep. Once she's gone I turn to Hades.
-She's growing up.
Ha-Yes she is. She is as beautiful as you are. I love you.
-I love you too. You'll be shocked tomorrow when you see her on her dress.

The next morning when we wake up by Karai screaming frantically at us to wake up. Banging on the door.
K-Wake up, we're going to be late.
I turn to Hades and I check the clock by his side.
-What time is it?
I jump out of bed in alert as I see we're half an hour late. We all go in a rush and we skip breakfast over but even as late as we are we manage to get there five minutes early thanks to my fast driving. Hades as always opens the door for us and I take Karai with me as I'm going to help her dress up while Hades receives the guests. When we arrive to the changing room upstairs we see that Persephone is there waiting for us.
Pe-I was starting to worry. You're never late.
-I'll tell you later.
She nods as she takes Karai's hand and gets her on the stand.
Pe-The dress.
K-Is a cute dress. It goes with what he's going to wear.
I take it out and show it to her. Her eyes glow and she looks at Karai with a smile. I give her the dress and a kiss to both of them as I turn to leave.
-Well, I'll leave you to it as I too have to get ready.
I go out and move to another room to dress up and apply my makeup. When I finish I go downstairs with Hades to receive the guests. We get everyone inside and I make a check mark on the guest list as they arrive. I mark everyone and then I check the list if we're missing someone and I nod at Hades as I see that everyone is listed an inside.
-Looks like that's everyone on the list, I'm going to tell Karai she can come out anytime she's ready.
I get him to the bottom of the stairs and I give him a kiss as I leave to check on Karai. When I get there Karai is almost ready as I see that Persephone is applying her makeup.
Pe-She'll be ready in a couple more minutes.
K-How's dad doing?
-He's anxious to see you with the dress. I spent all night last night teasing him.
Pe-Aww. More like torturing him.
-Oh but of course, I'm as bad as a femme fatale.
Pe-There, this young lady, is ready for her party.
I nod and go downstairs to get everything ready. I turn off the lights slightly letting only the stairs iluminated enough so Karai can see them. I send a text to Persephone and five minutes later Karai appears at the top of the stairs.

 I send a text to Persephone and five minutes later Karai appears at the top of the stairs

Hades turns and he's shocked as he sees her. I whisper on his ear.
-How does she look?
Ha-.......
-Do you have her surprise ready?
He nods slightly and I retire as I realize he's not paying attention at all. I smile at Karai and she starts coming down slowly until she reaches the last few steps where Hades kneels and takes her hand and kisses it before he stands again without taking his eyes off of her. He offers his arm and she takes it with a smile. They go to the center of the dancefloor and I put the music as they start dancing.