Chapter five: You were my best friend

[Heroine, don't fall in love with him.] 

"Addi!!! You're crushing me." I said trying to get out of her grip. 

When I step out of the hospital, Addi charge at me with a hug. 

They call me before hand that they were here. I told them to wait outside that I was checking out of the hospital. 

"What happen? Why were you in the hospital?" She ask. 

"Honey, let the poor woman breathe," Nathan said. 

Addilyn let go of me. I can breathe again. 

That's when she notice the bruises on my neck. 

"What! Who did this!" She explode. 

Nathan notice it too. 

"Can we talk in the car?" I said. 

We're in front of hospital and everyone is looking at us. They were looking at me especially. 

They park the car in the parking lot close by at the hospital I was at. The whole walkway Addilyn could not stop staring at my neck waiting for explanation. Nathan keep calling her to stop it. She continues to do it anyway. 

When we enter inside the car, Addilyn explode me with questions again. 

"What's going on?! Why you have bruises? Did someone hit you? I'm going to-" 

"Honey!" Nathan raise his voice. 

That spook me. 

"Dear, let her explain. I know you're worried, but you are smothering  her way too much." 

Addiyln stays quiet. 

"Go ahead," Nathan signals me to talk.

I explain the whole story just like I did speaking to the detective. I didn't tell them about Gerald. I just said a detective was handling to find the attacker and even told Addi that Jack works at the hospital. 

Throughout the whole ride, Addi stay quiet. She probably wrapping her head around all this that her best friend was hurt by complete maniac. 

Nathan was calm about it as he was driving. He ask me question about my wellbeing. 

"How are you feeling?" He ask. 

"I'm okay. My body is sore. My neck is stiff. It doesn't hurt. When someone touches, it does."

I can feel the atmosphere between Nathan and Addi. I can't tell what they thinking anymore.

Did something happen between them? or is it me?

The ride was so awkward. 

We arrive in front of my building. 

"Thank you for the ride," I said getting out of the car. 

"I'll walk to your apartment," Addilyn said getting out of the passenger seat.

"okay," I said. 

I wave goodbye to Nathan. He did the same.