Gerald's Route

"9-1-1, What's your emergency?" 

"please, come quick." 

'Ma'am, are you trouble?" 

"robbery." 

"Where are you?" 

"In my apartment and in the bathroom." 

"Tell me your location, I'm sending in the police right now." 

I stay in the corner of bathroom looking at my door. I can hear the noises they making. I was sleeping in my bedroom. All of sudden, I heard two men wearing all black almost like ninjas entering my front door. I quickly went to my bathroom that was close by and lock the door. 

I hear something smash. I cover my mouth trying not to yelp hearing all these sounds. 

Come on! Please! Come! 

Then, I saw the doorknob jiggling. 

I hear the voices. 

"it's locked." 

"Someone's in there." 

They try jiggling more and bang on my door. 

I try to cover my ears then all of sudden, I hear the panic in their voice. 

"Police! We got to go!" 

I hear the footsteps leaving. I didn't move and fear they were lying if they are here. 

I stay in the position and hear a knock. 

"This is the police. Are you alright in there?" 

I didn't answer. 

The door swing opens and saw two police officers with flashlights. There was man that stand out with his trench coat.  He walk over to me and crouch down. He ask if I was hurt. I was shaken up and shaking my head no. They knew I was in shock with fear. The man carry me out of the bathroom and leaves the building.

After that, everything turn black. 

That man was Gerald Kelkins.

I immediately jolt upright cover in sweat and my heart is beating fast. I look around feeling myself panting at the moment.

I quickly pick up my phone, go to my recent calls and pick a call.

The phone ring three times and hear

"Nightmare?"

"yes," I said.

Gerald is my detective for the case that happen in my apartment a month ago. The burglars were still on the run. They haven't been capture. Right now, I'm living in a temporary apartment with a friend of mine. My friend of mine isn't here because she's sleeping at her boyfriend's house.

My mother is out of state. I can't go to her for shelter even though that's the first thing I want to do.  

I don't have many friends. This friend is a co-worker at my main job.