Chapter six: Landlord Cold heart

For the past three days I did nothing, but mope around in my apartment. 

I didn't go to work. 

I didn't pay my rent. 

I didn't even go outside. 

I stay inside like a sloth. 

What's the use of leaving? 

Knock, knock 

I ignore it. 

Knock Knock

......

"I know you in there! Open the door this instance!" 

That's my landlord. 

He's been coming to ask for the rent money. 

"You are late! If you don't pay, I have to kick you out!" 

I got out of bed, take the cash I have left and open my door. 

I threw the money right at his face. 

"Happy?" 

I slam the door right in his face. 

When I turn back around, there's a knock on the door. 

I scramble my hair and open the door. 

"What!" I said. 

 "You are hundred dollars short," he said.

"That's all of my money I have," I said.

"Then, pack your bags and leave this apartment."

My anger rise.

"Thank you Mr. loan shark! How I am so grateful to be kick out! Find a place that I have  nowhere to go! Do you know why I can't pay the rent, huh? I was attack by complete lunatic! do you know why?  I don't know. and you know What else why I'm always late on my rent because I need food and fare for transportation to go to work. I'm broke! This is the only apartment I could afford and you raise the tax money. Half of us can't even live properly because life doesn't go our way. For once in your stupid life, Have a heart! Do you think we like living here? No! We're stuck here day dreaming about our dream home than live in this pile garbage with you!" 

The neighbors were listening. I know they agreed because one of the neighbors was about to walk inside their apartment and nod their heads. 

The landlord stand there with no hint of reaction. 

"Thank you landlord for being the worst human being I have ever met!" 

I slam the door. 

I take in my breathe and lean against the door. I slide down and sit on the door. 

I look at the apartment. 

The tears were pouring out, but I'm not going to cry again. I wipe them. 

It was time for me to move anyway. 

[Call Harvey]

"Darling, how are you doing?" 

"uh...fine."

"Are you okay? you don't sound good?" 

"Sorry, I got a cold," I said. 

"oh dear, do you want me to make you soup?"

"No Harvey, That's nice of you. Can you ask our boss if there are available days I can work?"