Chapter twenty one: Parent and Child

[Mall] 

Never go to a mall when Christmas is almost around the corner. I nearly got trampled by parents fighting against a toy their child wanted. 

Yes, I know. I'm late buying Christmas gift on a Saturday that isn't far from Christmas day. I wanted to buy presents for the people I care about since all I did is worried about myself, apartment and my next paycheck,  

I have spare money to buy gift that has to be under 50 dollars. 

I need to get a gift for Saya, Gerald, Mom, and Harvey. 

For my mother, I bought her perfume. 

Saya will be a blouse. 

Harvey is his new pots and pans. He said he needs a new one.

For Gerald, He's tough one....

I walk out of the clothing store and see a men's clothing store across from me. I walk over and search through the idle. 

There's a tie section with different colors and prints. 

Maybe, Gerald needs a tie.....? 

What I know about Gerald from high school is probably different he is now. 

Maybe....I should buy him a gift card or something..... 

I shake my head. 

I'll buy him a tie. 

I bought him a twenty five dollar tie with glasses print on it. 

I thought it's cute, but I have a feeling he wouldn't wear it for work. 

That's enough spending gifts and I leave the men's clothing. 

I have four bags in my hand that were light to carry. 

The people at the mall were rushing store to store getting gifts for the kids, family and friends. The workers were trying to help the customers. You can see them running around like crazy what the customer needs and also restocking. 

It's crazy time of year to buy a Christmas gift. 

When I was about to leave, there's a small little girl pressing his finger on the window looking at the small puppies. There weren't any adult supervision. 

Is her parents in the shop? 

I look around if someone is watching her. There were people glancing at her as they walk on by. They didn't stop and ask her where her parent is.  

I walk over to the small girl. She notice me as I crouch to her level. 

"hi," I said with a smile. 

"hi," she said looking at her feet. 

"where's your parents?" 

She shrug her shoulders. 

"Are they inside?" I ask. 

She shake her head. 

The small girl is around about five years old. She has small blonde hair.  She 's wearing a adorable pink coat, hat and boots. 

I don't think she acknowledges that she's lost. The puppies help distract herself to not throw  waterworks. 

"What's your name?" I ask her. 

She shrug. 

This may be difficult. 

The small girl went back to staring at puppies.