Liam's Route

The day after my birthday, I met a charming barista. I was smitten by him. I did the most daring thing I ask for his phone number.

At first, I thought he reject me. When I was about to leave, he hand me a napkin saying I forgot something. He wink at me. When I turn the napkin over, it's his phone number.

The next day, I called him and said if he was free this Saturday. He was. We went on our first date together.

We had conversation about each other using small talks. After the end of the day, I want to see him again for another date. I ask him if we can continue for second one.

He was also curious where this relationship will go so he accept.

The second date was disaster for me. I went late. I forgot my wallet. My outfit got ruin by spilled soda. I had to apologize many times over. I told him if he doesn't want to see me after this, I understand. He shakes his head and said, " I never met a women despite all the embarrassment. You continue to smile and didn't let this faze you. I want to continue seeing you."

I was happy to hear this. We continue seeing each other. I visit him at his work. He tries to make a few charming talks to me while on his shift. We will have our own little dates whenever we're both free.

Most of the time, we will be talking on the phone constantly like teenagers. One night when we were chatting, he said, "There's something I need to tell you."

"What is it?"

He pause.

"Liam?"

"There's someone in my life. I really want you to meet."

I start to think something awful. Is he married? Please tell me he's not.

"I want you to meet her."

I got so scared. I quickly said, "oh shoot! Liam, I got to go. My neighbor knocking on my door again."

I end the call.

I was so terrify what he might say. He has another women in his life and wants to end this relationship.

*******************************************************************************88

The Next Day, I went to the mall to buy Christmas present for my mother.

I met a little girl that was lost. We search for her parents. The little girl doesn't know any number, parent's name or even her name.

She wanted to see Santa Claus. So I took her there. Maybe that's the last time she saw them.

Once we got there, she saw Santa Claus.

Then, we found her father.

My jaw drop.

The father of the lost girl is Liam.

Liam was shock to know I'm the one who found his daughter.

He looks distress not knowing what to say.

"This is my daughter, Angelica. The person I want you to meet."

Wait, all this time I'm thinking he's in love with someone else.

I sigh of relieved, "honestly, I thought you going to tell me you wanted to end our rela-"

I stop for a moment.

"Um.... does your daughter know we... um...."

"I told her all about you. She wanted to meet you so badly." Liam said kiss his daughter on the head.

"Your daddy's girlfriend!" Angelica burst out.

I nod.

Angelica reach her arms out wanting for a hug. Liam hand me over to her. She hug me and look at me, " I'm happy to meet you. Daddy always talk to about you a lot."

Liam blush in embarrassment.

"Has he?" I said.

"Yeah, he always on the phone with you. I wanted to talk to you for so long. Daddy said no."

"How dare he," I said to Angelica.

"I know!" She said. "Shame on you, daddy!"

"Already you made my daughter turn against me," Liam said.

I giggle.

Liam offer me a ride to drop me off from home. Angelica fell asleep in the car.

Liam said, " Are you mad?"

"Mad? What?"

"I didn't tell you about my daughter."

"I'm shocked more than mad. Also, I thought you were going to end our relationship."

"Why did you thought that?"

"You said I want you meet someone important in my life. I instantly thought the worst."

"I guess I should be straightforward than hiding around the bush."

"It's my fault. I was really use to rejection thinking you would do the same. Not many people stay in my life."

He hold my hand, "You are the only women that ever made me have hope in love again. I had a failed marriage and a women I couldn't even love. You're the one show me I can live again. That love will be you."

He kiss me on the cheek when there was a red stop light.

Liam park in front of my building apartment.

"Tell Angelica I said bye." I said.

"I will."

When I was about to leave out of the car, he stop me for moment.

I look at Liam.

"What is-"

He kissed me.

I was shock for a moment then return the kiss.

"Thank you," He said as we part.

I hug him. He hug me in return.

I get out of the car. Liam waves good bye and drives away.

*******************************************************************8