Snow

Author note: Newly posted

Kakashi walked forward until he stopped in front of Zabuza.
"Sounds like its over..." He whispered weakly,
"Yeah..."
"Kakashi, I have a favour to ask."
"What is it?"
"Take me to him..." Zabuza muttered, "Before I go I need to see him one last time." Kakashi bent down and began taking out the swords, before picking Zabuza up and carrying over to Haku and Yaya, as the snow began to fall. Melody held out her hand as the snow flakes fell into her palm. The villagers, some gasped in shock, as they stared up at the snow.
"Snow at this time of year?"
Yaya watched silently as Kakashi lowered him down beside Haku. Melody stayed next to Naruto quietly watching next to each other.
"Is it you Haku? Are you weeping? Thank you Kakashi." Kakashi nodded and walked back over to Naruto and Melody, before wrapping his arm around her shoulder. She sighed softly and leant back against him. Yaya sat still tears streaming down her face as she held on to Haku's hand.
"You were always there by my side, it is only right if I be by yours at the end." Zabuza muttered, slowly with his last strength he raised his hand to touch Haku's face. "I know it cannot be, but I wish I could go to where you have gone. How I wish I could join you there. The sunlight shone brightly through the dark clouds, illuminating Haku's pale face. Yaya watched her two, friends... the snow attaching to her eye lids as a snowflake attached to Haku's before trickling down his cheek, like a tear. Naruto began crying, as Melody lowered her eyes in sadness.
"He told me... where he came from it was always snowing. All the time." He sobbed, Melody slowly moved away from Kakashi who stared silently at Zabuza and Haku. Melody wrapped her arms around Naruto and he hugged her back crying on her shoulder.
"Of course... his spirit was as pure as the snow. You never know Zabuza maybe you will join him there. Who's to say." Kakashi added, as the somber silence filled the bridge as the demon of the mist and angel of the snow died side by side.

A day later the group had headed to the hill side to bury Haku and Zabuza, leaving his blade behind a wooden cross, the sun setting in the distance.
"Is that really it Kakashi Sensei?" Sakura asked, she and Yaya draped flowers around both crosses before Yaya stood up placing her own blade by Haku's grave. "is that really the ninja way? To use and be used by people like tools?" She turned around staring up at Kakashi. Melody waited leaning against Sasuke as Yaya stepped beside her nodding slightly.
"Shinobi are all merely tools in the hands of destiny. No point in wondering whether its right or wrong. It just is." Kakashi explained, hands in his pocket and an unreadable expression on his half visible face. "it's the same in the village hidden in the leaves." Sakura kept walking until Naruto turned away from the graves and spoke up.
"Well if you ask me, if that's what being a ninja is all about, somethings out of whack. Is that why we go through all this training just to end up like them?" Naruto asked, Sasuke inhaled before turning his head to Kakashi brushing Melody's hair with his chin.
"what is the reason for that?" Sasuke added, Kakashi sighed glancing at the three genin, the princess and Melody.
"Well it's a question without an answer and that is something we ninja have to deal with every day of our lives. Like Zabuza and the kid."
Naruto stared back at the graves,
"Okay." Everyone stared at him. "I've just come to a decision, from now on I'm finding my own ninja way! A way that's straight and true without any regrets. From now im following th way of Naruto!" Naruto declared, Melody giggled bringing her hand up to her lips to stop her from laughing too loud as Kakashi chuckled ever so slightly.

The bridge was complete! And the team waited on the bridge to say their goodbye's. The princess leant against Melody and Sasuke, still weak from the battle and helping to repay the village by building the bridge. Sakura and Melody were back to not talking as Naruto and Sasuke continued their own rivalry again.
"We couldn't have completed the bridge without you!" Tazuna exclaimed wiping his eyes, "I can't tell you how much we're going to miss you." Tazuna said, Melody smiled at the villagers as Tsunami spoke up.
"Do visit now. And please be careful."
"Thank you, for everything." Kakashi said, Naruto chuckled staring at Inari.
"Now, now don't get all choked up. We'll come back and visit real soon." Naruto said, as Melody frowned thinking to herself, even though nothing had come from it she was still confused. Inari began to tear up as his shoulders started to shake,
"you swear you will?" Inari whimpered, causing Naruto's eyes to widen before the ters began to well in his eyes.
"Of course... you know Inari it's okay to cry if you want there's nothing wrong with that go for it." Naruto whined back, Inari closed his eyes.
"who said I wanted to cry?!" Inari shot back, "if there isn't anything wrong with it why don't you cry?" the two boys began whimpering and sniffling until Naruto turned around tears streaming down his face, along with Inari crying behind him. Sakura frowned at Naruto.
"That voice, it just disappeared..." Melody thought, she was about to ask Kakashi when someone tapped her shoulder, she glanced up Tazuna stood their smiling.
"Here, I noticed that bracelet of yours... why not have something to remind you of our bridge." Tazuna explained holding out a small charm, Melody's eyes widened as Sasuke's narrowed, Melody gingerly took it from Tazuna before clipping it onto the charm. She smiled widely throwing her arms around Tazuna.
"Thank you!" He chuckled as she let go and the group turned to walk away, the villagers waving and shouting behind. Melody smiled watching Naruto run on ahead, she heaved Yaya up higher onto her back as the sun shone brightly overhead. Her new charm sparkled in the light. Sasuke smirked a little and nudged her side as Sakura began yelling at Naruto. Kakashi bowed to the bridge builder, Inari waving eagerly at Naruto and Melody.
"It was all his doing. That boy made you stronger, and in turn it made us stronger. It was thanks to him and her that we built a bridge to a world we'd never known. A place where we found our courage. A place to fulfil our dreams." Tazuna piped up.
"What are you going to call the bridge?" Tsunami asked, Tazuna took off his glasses and rubbed his eyes.
"The Great Naruto bridge." He chuckled along with his daughter as Inari continued to wave at the disappearing ninja's.
"When we get back I'm gonna let Iruka treat me to some ramen, then I'm gonna tell Konohamaru about all my adventures the kids gonna worship me." Naruto explained as the continued walking, Yaya sighed on Melody's shoulder.
"Does he ever shut up?" She asked softly to herself.
"Sasuke do you want to do something when we get back?" Sakura asked, Sasuke sighed.
"I don't think so, thanks." Sasuke responded,
"Are you sure about that name Tazuna?"
"Yes, it was a name that brought us good luck, and it will the bridge which I think will be standing for a long time. Perhaps the name will be famous one day too. That would be something, wouldn't it?"
Melody smiled back at Tazuna, the bridge of hope forever with her on her ever-growing charm bracelet.