Timeless

Melody watched as Naruto kept going, three clones joined together before the others flung Naruto over Gaara. Melody blinked in confusion as Naruto's began yelling different things before Naruto was right behind Gaara.
"Take this! Straight from the teachings of Kakashi Sensei! Thousand years of death!" Naruto thrust the kunai into Gaara's backside. Melody closed her eyes the awe and wonder of Naruto disappearing quickly as Pakkun, the toad and Luna sighed.
"What an animal." Pakkun muttered, Luna whimpered.
"This doesn't look good."
"Naruto... you are such a moron." Melody muttered placing her hand on her forehead. Gaara glanced back at Naruto and Naruto hummed before the tail whacked Naruto backwards with force.
"Boom." Naruto said as the kunai exploded underneath Gaara.
"NARUTO!" She yelled Melody flung her body forward, Naruto's connected with hers as Sasuke did the same and cushioned Melody and Naruto's body before they hit the tree. Melody, Naruto and Sasuke groaned.
"That's gonna leave a mark..." Melody whined, Naruto sat up and turned to the two.
"Why did you two do that?" He asked frantically, Sasuke sat up and Melody leant against him. The trio glanced over at Gaara, half of his sand falling off his body. Sasuke groaned.
"All of that work and you only scored one blow." Sasuke said, Naruto turned his head to the side huffing.
"Ah, put a sock in it." He muttered, Melody sighed and rubbed her side.
"At least, it hit." She added, Sasuke glanced at her as she rested against him. Melody glanced over at Sakura, the sand tightening.
"Naruto, listen to me... you have to save Sakura... if it's the last thing you do... once you've got her... I want you to take her and get as far away from here as possible." Sasuke said his eyes on Gaara. Melody raised an eyebrow.
"I don't think you have the luxury of bossing Naruto around right now." She snapped, Sasuke glanced at her.
"Melody, I want you out of here too... it's not safe for you- for us as we are right now." He added, he took her hand as Naruto glanced between the two of them. "Melody I made you a promise. Go with Naruto and get out of here." He repeated, Melody shook her head before lowering her head. Sasuke brought his head down and rested his forehead against hers. "Please... Mel... I can hold him here..." He pleaded, Naruto's eyes widened.
"Sasuke? Melody and you are?" He didn't finish the sentence. They pulled apart as Sasuke struggled to his feet, Melody shook her head and clasped her hands together.
"If it ends here, it just means this was as far as I was meant to go." He said, his finger glowed brightly and he stared at it before brushing Melody's cheek with his finger. "I lost everything once, I only got Melody back... I don't ever want to see that happen again, my trusted comrades falling before me. To lose Melody again... to not be able to protect her." Sasuke said, Melody bit her lip as Naruto stared at Sasuke.
"Your comrades... Sasuke?" Naruto muttered, he thought back to the Land Of Waves and glanced at Melody, she gave him a small smile. "just like when Kakashi promised to not let us die then... when Melody stood up in front of those bullies for me..." Naruto clenched his fist and stood up, "I get it now. Of course, he's no different for I am, going through life with the exact same sadness and loneliness that I had to carry." Naruto whispered, Melody and Sasuke stared at him, "he fought only for himself, never relying on anyone and because of that I thought that he poessed strength. I really did. But Melody was right, that's not what it is! Melody you've taught me that caring and having friends is a strength." He said, Melody stood up dusting herself down and smiling at Naruto as Sasuke stared at both of them. "I dunno, I guess I should have known better. If you never fight for anyone but yourself, you'll never get stronger." Naruto said, his determination flooding back to him.
"Like the Land of Waves, huh?" Melody said, Naruto stared at her and nodded happily before he clapped his hands together and began yelling, summoning all his chakra. The chakra exploded around him, the air shoving Melody and Sasuke back slightly.
"That's a lot of chakra!" Melody said, Sasuke nodded.
"How is he doing it?" Sasuke said, Naruto's eyes narrowed on Gaara.

In a explodsion of smoke, thousands of Naruto's appeared surrounding everyone. Melody and Sasuke's jaw dropped.
"Sorry to keep you waiting! So, get ready for an original jutsu, straight from my ninja handbook!" Naruto yelled happily. Melody sighed, a warm glowing feeling spreading through her, the pain ultimately subsiding. The toad hopped forward, Melody glanced down at the toad as Luna pawed the toads face.
"wait-a-go there, blondie! You're showing a lot of promise!" He said, Naruto glanced at the toad, Sasuke was kneeling back down again, staring up at Naruto with Melody's hands on his shoulders.
"How did you do that?" Sasuke asked,
"Sasuke, you and Mel take it easy for a while. You both deserve it, leave the rest to Naruto Uzumaki." He said, Melody smiled brightly, as Naruto punched his hand in the air, as all the Naruto's charged forward at Gaara.
"Good luck, you hyperactive knuckleheaded ninja." She grinned as Naruto attacked with skuriken before kicking Gaara as high as he could, hitting Gaara with a dozen hits and kicks, before decking him the face sending him flying to the ground. Melody blinked, as she heard Gaara yelling.
"THERE IS NO WAY I'M GOING TO LOSE TO A GUY LIKE HIM!" The sand sprung upwards hitting every clone of Naruto making them disappear, the real Naruto being flung back. Melody gasped as Sasuke looked up.
"What is that?"
"Don't look now... but I'm pretty sure he's just fully transformed." Melody muttered her grip on Sasuke's shoulders tightening. The big monster Gaara appeared, towering above the trees. "Kinda looks like a raccoon..." She whispered, her eyes widened as the sand appeared around Naruto swirling around him.
"NARUTO!" Sasuke yelled, he tried to stand up but couldn't.
"Sasuke I'm sorry!" She said before dashing forward, "Naruto hang on!" She dashed forward and slid under the sand, Naruto stared at her and she reached for him. "Naruto give me your hand!" She yelled, the sand wrapping around both her and Naruto.
"Summoning jutsu!" Naruto yelled, Melody's eyes widened as she flung upwards, she screamed loudly as the smoke cleared. She landed with a thud and glanced around she was above the trees and Naruto was stood next to her. Melody's jaw dropped again,
"No way... did you just summon... Chief toad?!" She exclaimed, she glanced over at Gaara's demon. "Sakura, I swear I'll protect you." He said, Melody stared down at the toad underneath her feet.
"I can't believe it..." She said, she glanced down at the trees and saw Sasuke looking up at Naruto in complete confusion. Naruto folded his arms a smug smirk on his face.
"Not you again! What is this?!" Gamabunta yelled, Melody paled. "well what do you know, Shukaku the sand spirit."
"What do you say chief toad! Will you fight along side me?!"
"Take a hike!" He smoked his pipe and Naruto yelled in confusion as Melody stood up glancing around at the village. "Why would I want to get in a fight with the likes of him?" Gamabunta added,
"sounds like you're afraid of him, Gamabunta." Melody muttered, as Naruto began yeling at Gamabunta. "though, this is impressive... I haven't even been able to summon higher than Lupa and Roukan... Naruto... you really have grown." She thought to herself, she glanced at Naruto as he hit Gamabunta's head.
"We haven't even sealed the deal yet have we?" Gamabunta said, Naruto began freaking out.
"I'm not old enough to make deals like that!" Suddenly a toad jumped up onto Naruto's head and Melody glanced over at them.
"Come on pops, don't be like that, why don't you settle down and hear the kid out. His lady friend is a looker too! So, help them both." The orange toad said, Melody closed her eyes in annoyance.
"What?"
"Huh? Pops?" Naruto repeated.
"And just what do you think you're doing here? Gamakichi?" Gamabunta asked, Melody tapped her chin.
"Oh so that's his name."
"I have nothing else to do, so I came to hang out. By the way pops that guy over there was picking on me before."
"Come again!" Gamabunta said, his tone angering.
"And when he did, our friend here came to my rescue." Gamakichi said. "he went head to head and toe to toe with that monster. I'm telling you there's a lot more to this kid than what meets the eye." He finished and winked at Melody who sighed, Gamabunta frowned.
"Alright." Gamabunta gripped his sword "alright kid, you're accepted as my henchman sit tight. I'll show you what duty is all about." He pulled out his sword and Melody's eyes widened before she braced herself.
"Oh boy..."
"I'll take him down, but not before he's paid for what he's done." Gamabunta jumped forward and Melody squealed as Naruto fell backwards into her. Gamabunta sliced his sword through Shukaku and took off his arm. Melody watched as the landscape changed.
"Sasuke..." She whimpered,
"Hey don't go over in that direction! Sakura is in that direction! Bring him over this way!" Naruto said, Gamakichi laughed.
"Sakura?"
"His little girl friend!" The orange toad chuckled. Melody raised an eyebrow and laughed.
"He wishes." She added, Naruto stared at the trio.
"I have to take him out otherwise Sakura is as good as dead."
Their attention turned to Shukaku/Gaara.
"Not bad! Not bad! Naurto Uzumaki!"
Melody squinted, at Gaara's outburst and Gaara appeared on top of the sand spirits head.
"What's that?" Naruto asked, Gamabunta's eyes narrowed.
"A spiritualist medium." He answered, Melody blinked her body shivered again as she watched Gaara.
"To thank you for entertaining me here today, I'l show you the true power of the manifestation of the sand." Gaara glanced up and his eyes were pale white, Melody felt the cold chill run up her spine again.
"Gaara..." She whispered,
"The black circles under his eyes, they are signs of insomnia. Evidence that the medium has been possessed by the shukaku." Gamabunta said, Naruto frowned as he watched Gaara created a hand sign.
"Insomina?"
"When people don't sleep Naruto." Melody explained, Naruto nodded.
"those poessed by Shukaku the sand spirit, are no longer able to sleep soundly through the night, the terror is too great. If one does sleep, Shukaku will eat away at their syki. Until the one person you once were ceases to exsist." Gamabunta explained.
"So that explains his bat crazy mood swings." Melody mused, Gamachiki laughed. "it's why he's unstable."
"Great..." Naruto muttered,
"but as long as the medium is awake, the Shukuaku's true power is held in check. The only danger is if he sleeps." Gamabunta said, Melody's eyes widened, and she pointed forward.
"LIKE EXACTLY THAT!"
"sleep possum jutsu." Gaara lulled forward, fast asleep. Melody and Naruto exchanged glances.
"THAT'S NOT GOOD!" They yelled together. The Shukaku's eyes opened, and he began laughing loudly.
"I'M FINALLY FREE HERE I COME BABY!" It yelled,
"Man that's one funky demon." Gamakichi said, Melody shook her head, and as quickly as it appeared Shukaku began to attack. Melody toppled to her knees as Gamabunta jumped high into the air, Naruto gave out a yell as he wobbled across Gambunta's head.
"WIND STYLE AIR BULLETS!"
"WATER SYTLE LIQUID BULLETS!" Gamabunta countered. Melody watched as the attacked rained down like a monsoon on Pakkun, Luna and Sasuke. Melody apologized internally to them before staring over at Shukaku who attacked again, Melody struggled against the momentum as Gamabunta began darting all over the place. Melody rolled her eyes her hair covering her face as her body pressed against Gamabunta,
"this! Is! Not! What I wanted to do today!" She yelled, every explosion intensified by the gianoumous fighters, Shukaku's attack hitting Gamabunta.
"Now that kind of hurt! I have to admit! Hit me with a couple more of those! I don't think I'll last much longer!" Gamabunta yelled, Naruto reached his hand out and grabbed Melody's dragging her up beside him.
"What do we do? If this keeps up?" He began, Gamabunta grunted sending another attack at Shukaku.
"You have to wake up the spiritualist medium." He yelled, Melody shook her head in amazement.
"Wake up Gaara? Are you crazy? If we try to get close the sand will stop us! And he's a ten-foot-tall monster!" She yelled back. Her eyes darted to the sleeping Gaara and she gritted her teeth together. "Wait!  That's it! Get us close Gamabunta, for what ever reason Gaara can't stand my mind powers! If he wakes up just once I can keep him occupied whilst Naruto finishes it off!" She exclaimed, Naruto stared at her, not understanding her plan at all.  Gamabunta landed and grabbed Shukaku.
"Now's your chance!" Gamabunta yelled Melody and Naruto nodded and were about to jump when Shukaku moved back, Gamabunta let go before jumping away, Melody squealed and fell to her knees.
"Chief you're gonna have to keep a grip on him, if you want me to get a shot in!" Naruto yelled, Gamabunta
"My body doesn't have any claws or horns to dig into him!" He reorted. Melody stared over at Gaara,
"Shame we don't have a big enough wolf to grab him..." Her eyes widened "I got it! Naruto! You and Gamabunta need to use the transformation jutsu!" She declared,
"What'll that do?" He asked,
"It'll turn me into something with claws and horns, then again I'm not very good at transformations. Don't worry about it, act upon my will and use hand signs."
"What?!" Naruto screeched, Melody shook her head.
"Think of something with claws now Naruto! Hurry!" She turned her attention to the sleeping Gaara, "we have one shot Naruto! We gotta do this!"
"A combined transformation! Conjour up something with fangs and claws!" Gamabunta instructed Melody nodded as Naruto made the hand signs.
"Uh!"
"Here we go!" Gamabunta bounded over to Shukaku. "TRANSFORM!" Naruto's eyes widened as Melody reached for Naruto her eyes purple as her head rested against his. Naruto stared into her purple eyes, and an image flickered in his mind.
"Transformation jutsu!"