Star

Melody lay in bed staring up at the ceiling. She hadn't slept, and Kakashi hadn't come back either. She inhaled and exhaled as the alarm finally sounded. She sat up and glanced over at it before she reached over and turn it off. She slowly pulled off the covers and placed her legs over the bed. She gripped the bedsheets. She inhaled again and gulped before standing up shakily. She wandered around her room aimlessly until she finally stopped.
"I need clothes..." She murmured, as she turned around and headed to her wardrobe. She opened the door and sighed, as she picked out clothing after clothing and throwing every single on to the floor. She inhaled and slumped to the floor and lay back down. "I still need clothes..."

Half an hour had past and Melody had finally clothed herself, as she headed down the stairs. She stared at the quiet hallway before walking backwards and forwards, in and out of each room. The only sound was her bell in her hair.
"I need food..." She whispered before heading glumly into the kitchen. She wandered around a little bit more in the kitchen before stopping by the fridge and pulling out some food. She placed it on the table and wandered around the room and back out and upstairs to collect her pouch. She headed back down the stairs and put on her shoes and stopped. "I still need food..."

The hour had past and Melody was stood staring at her door. She rested her head against it and sighed. Her mind was all over the place, she gritted her teeth together and put her key into the lock.
"I can do this." She opened the door and walked out before walking straight back in "I can't do this." She felt the sweat on her forehead. She shook her head and stepped back out, and in. "Damn it Melody pull it together." She stepped back into the house and closed the door and turned to the mirror. Staring back at her was a girl clad in black leather hot pants which criss-crossed over her waist, long black sandal shoes with a purple buckle, white bandages around her thigh with her pouch attached over it. Her dark purple skirt had slits down either side, as well as being longer at the back and shorter at the front. The top half mixed with dark purple and black laced patterns, showed her shoulder and just below the neck, showing off her shogi necklace. Her hair was pulled up into a pineapple ponytail her silver bell sparkling attached to her blue ribbon, with her leaf headband sitting comfortably on her hip.

She brought her hand up and placed it against the mirror, her long dark purple sleeved fingerless gloves matched her dark nail varnish and made her silver bracelet stand out against the gloves, along with her wristband, the blackband with her name etched in silver with a star at the end of her name. The bracelet sparkled as the charms clinked against one another. She stared at her bracelet; her wolf charm, her leaf shinobi charm from Kakashi, her violet fairy charm from Hinata, her blue bell charm from Kaiya, her brown wooden bridge from Tazuna, Inari and Tsunami, her golden bow and arrow from Kitsuki and her sun charm, with a sword thorugh it from Clay. She shook her head and pulled away from the mirror and headed out the door. Today Clay wasn't going to hold back and neither could she.
"I'm ready."

"You made it."
Melody came to a stop in front of Genma, and smiled.
"Yeah!"
"As the proctor I can't do much else, but." Genma bent down and placed one hand on her head, her cheeks redden. He held up a small gift and Melody frowned taking it from him. "Now, go out there and show the world what you can do, and remember you can do anything when you set your mind to it. Make me proud kid." He stood back up, and Melody opened the small pouch. Her eyes widened as she held up a sparkling green senbon charm. She gasped in amazement as Genma turned his back to her, she bowed her hair falling over her head.
"Thank you Genma Sensei I won't let you down!" She said before running over to Shino and Shikamaru as they arrived into the arena. She greeted them both before standing next to them and clipping on her new charm.

Shikamaru and Melody were deep in conversation when suddenly Melody froze, Shikamaru and Shino stared at her.
"Mel?"
"My Hinata senses are tingling." She said glancing around the arena, Shikamaru shook his head.
"Melody! Stand tall."
Melody flinched at the sound of Genma's voice and she straightened up as Gaara, Temari and Kankuro arrived on the grounds. Her eyes shifted from him and landed on her own teammate Clay was stood on the other side of Temari silently staring at the ground. She sighed, and rubbed her arm uncomfortably. Suddenly they all turned around as Naruto came flying into the arena skidding along until he stopped in front of Melody. She blinked and folded her arms.
"Well hey, you made it." She murmured, Shikamaru sighed and bent down picking the blonde up.
"Oh man, what a drag." Shikmaru muttered, the crowd began to murmur as Naruto scrambled to his senses and pushed off Shikamaru grabbing Melody's arm and shaking it.
"Guys! Run! You won't believe this, but a herd of stampeding bulls are heading this way!" Naruto yelled, Melody tilted her head to the side.
"Say what now?"
"yeah you're right I don't believe it." Shikamaru said placing his hand on his hip.
"I'm serious! They're..." Naruto stopped as he glanced around at everyone, his mind wandering else where. "hey where's Sasuke?"
"I'm fighting Dosu but he hasn't shown up either."
"This sucks." Melody commented, as her eyes scanned the arena, she spied Kaiya and Yaya taking a seat next to Sakura and Ino. "Odd couples... she's in white again." She grinned. Shikamaru stared at her but left it.
"Hey, knock it off." Melody snapped to attention at the sound of Genma's stern voice. "Quit your fidgeting you three, stand up straight and present yourself proudly to the spectators." He commanded, Naruto stared around in awe as Melody inhaled staring up at the Hokage and Kazekage.
"So that man, is Gaara's dad..." She thought, she glanced over at Gaara who was glaring in anger towards the Kazekage. The crowd began to cheer in excitement.
"You guys are the heroes of this final competition." Genma said, the group glanced up at the arena, the sun shining brightly overhead.