Pain

"Forget it! I know it's you! You made it." Sakura called to Naruto, Sasuke's eyes darted to Naruto and he shook his head as Melody was still shaking beside him.
"Naruto, get out of here! What are you thinking? You don't know what you're up against! Go now while you still can! Take Melody with you!" His eyes trailed to Melody who was holding her hand staring at the gold glow, he clenched his teeth together, his eyes watering. He turned back to Naruto, "Hurry!"
"So, Naruto, you managed to escape my friend. Well done." The grass ninja smirked, Naruto frowned staring at the woman. Sasuke gripped Melody's hand and she stared at him her eyes shimmering slightly.
"Mel..." He whispered, Naruto pointed his finger forward.
"Okay I don't know what's going on here but you've been picking on my friends! And I don't like that! You better slither on back into your hole snake lady, before I make a pair of shoes outta ya!" He yelled, Melody glanced up her eyes widened.
"Na-ruto..."
Idiot... you're gonna get the four of us killed... I gotta do something.
Sasuke deactivated his sharingan and he stepped forward, Melody blinked looking at him now.
"You can have it." Sasuke reached into his pocket and held up the scroll "that's what you want right? The scroll. Alright then, take it and leave us in peace." Sasuke held it up and Melody snapped out of her frozen state, she reached her hand forward and grabbed Sasuke arm.
"What are you thinking?" She yelled as Naruto shouted.
"Sasuke are you crazy? What's wrong with you!"
"Shut up and stay out of it both of you!" Sasuke warned, Melody and Naruto glanced at one another before back at Sasuke. The snake lady grinned, Sasuke threw it forward, however Naruto jumped intercepting it.
"Stop being the hero!" Sasuke yelled, Naruto spun around and decked Sasuke sending him into Melody, she stumbled back before falling off the branch, Sasuke jumped to the other branch as Melody landed below in a heap. Naruto growled,
I'm sorry Mel...
Melody groaned and sat up rubbing her head, as Sakura gasped out loud.
"Stupid fool you don't know what you're doing!" Sasuke screamed, Melody shook her head and brought her hand in front of her face, blood covered her hand.
"I may not know the password, but I know who I am! You're the one I'm not so sure about..." Naruto said, Sakura frowned.
"What do you mean? It's him. Don't be so stupid." Sakura scolded, Melody stared up at them all, her head hurting, she shut her eyes and stumbled to her feet. She pulled out her kunai from Anko and exhaled shakily.
"What sort of nonsense is this? It's me you loser!"
"Surrendering? Giving up the scroll? When did Sasuke become a coward? You keep saying I don't understand but I do! You've choked that's what it is? Choking so far as to let Melody get involved too! I thought you said you'd protect her!" Naruto shouted, the snake lady stood up cackling as she flicked her tongue around.
"It doesn't matter," She raised up her sleeve and revealed a mark, "as far as the scroll goes, I could simply kill you and take it." She bit into her thumb and wiped the blood across the mark. Naruto gripped his kunai and ran forward, Melody shook her head and jumped up.
"Don't Naruto!" Sasuke shouted, Naruto jumped ready to attack the snake lady.
I'll have to do this myself.
Melody ran forward as the woman summoned another snake, the shock wave caused her to stop as the splinters headed for Sasuke, she leapt back and threw her arms out.
"Celestial Prison!" The prison went up and the wood bounced off it, Sasuke blinked. Melody lowered her arms as she glanced at him. "Sasuke..." She whispered, as Naruto was hit back by the snake.

"No!" Melody jumped forward, heading to Sakura, as Naruto was smashed against a tree. He fell and the snake lady laughed.
"Enough, finish it off." She said, Melody scrambled forward reaching her hands out as tears began to well up in her eyes as she watched Naruto fall helplessly, Sasuke lowered his head watching. Melody stopped as Naruto opened his eyes, red as blood.
"Oh yeah?! Eat this!" Naruto twisted midair and smacked the snake with his leg before jumping back, Melody blinked her eyes hurting more and more, she rubbed at her eyes, blinking away.
"But how? That's impossible." The snake lady gasped in surprise staring at the blonde, Naruto jumped at the snake, bashing it repeatedly with his fists, yelling and screaming as he went. Sakura's eyes widened,
"look at him? He's gone nuts?" Sakura drew her hands up to her face, "where did he get that kind of power?"
Naruto headed towards the snake lady, and Melody blinked before throwing her hands towards Naruto screaming his name, the snake lady blew fire forward engulfing Naruto, and he flew backwards through the trees, Melody shook her head in disbelief, as Naruto hit the branch hard.
"that fire in his eye, there's no mistaking it."
"woah, is that Naruto?" Sasuke muttered, staring down at his blonde friend. Melody hopped down from tree to tree, nearing Naruto.
"Now let's see how you do Sasuke?" The snake lady hissed, Sasuke blinked turning to her. She charged forward on top of her snake, ready to crush Sasuke. Melody turned around however Naruto jumped in front.
"Hey kid you're not hurt, are you? Scaredy cat." Naruto had his arms outstretched and two kunai's stabbed into the snake's nose. Melody hopped back and landed behind Sasuke, staring at Naruto's red eyes. "standing there like a frozen rabbit. You're not the Sasuke I know." Naruto growled, Sasuke's eyes widened as Melody stood up, she shot her hand forward and tried to grab Naruto's hand as the snake lady's tongue wrapped around Naruto dragging him up towards her.
"Naruto!" Sakura and Melody yelled together, he began flailing his limbs around trying to break free from her tongue.
"DISGUSTING! EW! I'LL RIP IT OUT OF YOUR HEAD! GET OFF ME!" She dragged the screaming Naruto forward before making hand signs, and raising Naruto's top,
"I see, when your anger is roused your nine tails chakra is released. What an interesting childhood you must have had... Five-pronged seal!" She slapped her fingers against Naruto's stomach and Naruto screamed in pain, before his eyes turned blue and he fell unconscious, Melody groaned gripping her head, she glanced up at Naruto as the lady threw him, Melody wobbled tears blurring her vision as she realized she couldn't reach him in time, however Sakura threw her kunai knife, it broke his coat and embedded itself in the tree holding Naruto there. Sakura turned to Sasuke her own eyes watering,
"Okay, say what you want about Naruto, that he's a pest, that he gets in the way, that he's just a kid, but he's doing something! At least he's no coward." Sakura screamed. Melody dropped down in front of Sasuke, she placed both her hands on his cheeks and he froze staring into her eyes.
"Sasuke... what happened to you?" She pressed her lips against his and the memories when they were children flooded Sasuke's head. She pulled back and lowered her gaze, as Sasuke closed his eyes, "you made a promise..." She whispered, Sasuke gritted his teeth together anger and sadness filling him as he thought of his older brother. Sasuke took Melody's hand and brought it to his lips, kissing her hand gently before dropping it and opening his eyes, Sharingan activated and ready. Melody stepped to the side, and clasped her hands together, as Sasuke jumped into action.