Loyalty

Yaya walked along the streets of Konoha, her eyes down and her demeanor low. She carried on until she heard someone calling her name. She stopped and turned around and spied Ino running towards her.
"Hi, Yamanaka." Yaya said softly, as Ino came to a stop. "Are you ok?"
"Oh yeah! I was just wondering where you were off to? And whether you were going to the song festival?" Ino asked as the two began walking together through the village.
"Oh... I dunno, I don't think I'll attend..." She said sadly, Ino stopped and placed her hand on Yaya's shoulder.
"Hey, it's not that bad a festival there's singing, plays, music! Everything it's not for a few days but you should join me." Ino said, Yaya's eyes widened before lowering again.
"Thanks Yamanaka... but I think I'll pass... I'll catch you later." She said walking away from Ino. Ino watched her leave and folded her arms.
"Well that's not like her at all." Ino said frowning,
"who's not like that?"
Ino turned and Kaiya and Melody were walking towards her, Ino's eyes widened before she jumped forward wrapping her arms around both girls.
"Perfect! I think I need your help!" She exclaimed pulling back from the two shocked girls.
"Sorry what now?" Melody muttered, Kaiya nudged her friends side as Ino dragged them both along with her. "I have one sleepover and suddenly were friends? Is that how friendship works?" Melody muttered to herself.
"So I just met up with Yaya and she seems miserable. Like not her dark and deadly self." Ino explained, Kaiya raised an eyebrow as Melody was still talking to herself. The three girl's came to a stop by the ice cream restaurant. "Three sundaes please!" Ino ordered, the waiter nodded, and Kaiya ordered her flavors, followed by Ino.
"Melody?" Kaiya pressed, Melody snapped her head up and blinked before staring at the waiter.
"Oh right, uh... vanilla and chocolate with sprinkles." She finally answered, the waiter disappeared and Ino crossed her arms over the table.
"So. Back to business. Yaya. She seems almost distant. I was talking about bringing her to the festival."
"Oh that's right! It's in a few days' time, right? It's a week before the Chunin third round!" Kaiya noted, Melody frowned as she thought back to Yaya.
"Yeah! She doesn't want to go!" Ino pouted, Kaiya hummed slightly as the waiter placed the food in front of them.
"That's so strange, she's royalty you'd think she'd enjoy the parties for the Chunin exam. But come to think of it, when I was training the other day and she stopped by, she didn't seem like herself." Kaiya placed her spoon in mouth.
"We have to find this out! And help her!" Ino said eating her sundae also. Kaiya grinned,
"who knew you'd like Yaya, Ino." Kaiya teased, Ino blushed.
"She's pretty awesome." Ino stuttered, Melody smirked. "She's a friend and she's YOUR friend! We have to help right?" She added, Melody and Kaiya nodded.
"But I think I know the problem." Melody finally spoke up. "remember my match against her? Well she was going on about the final rounds... she mentioned how her dad was coming. Maybe he's coming to the festival night and she's not happy about it." Melody said before putting her spoon in her mouth. Kaiya and Ino's jaws dropped.
"Wow, that was actually smart." Ino smirked, Melody rolled her eyes.
"So, we just gotta find out why she doesn't want to go." Melody concluded, Ino hummed.
"I GOT IT!" Kaiya stood up shrieking, causing the whole restaurant to stare at her. She blushed and sat back down. "why don't we get her to perform, you guys didn't know but Yaya plays an instrument! I got that out of her when she stays over." Kaiya beamed, Ino nodded. Melody tapped her chin,
"I've got a plan." She said happily, the three girls began talking happily together as Melody told them her plan, once they had finished their sundaes they left the restaurant and went in search for Yaya.

A few hours later, Melody, Ino, and Kaiya had finally spotted Yaya, training at the training grounds. They watched as Yaya punched and kicked the stumps over and over. Ino leant over Melody's shoulder,
"I didn't realise how much she works too. She's not even a Chunin yet." She whispered, they watched as Yaya continued with her training, performing jutsu.
"She might even be as strong as us three. Hey how did your mission go Melody?" Kaiya said quietly, Melody shrugged her shoulder.
"She was strong alright, but at that point I was stronger... we've all been doing different things recently, I guess everyone's getting stronger." She muttered. The trio finally stood up as Yaya bent over panting.
"Hey Yaya!" Ino waved happily before the three headed over to the startled blonde, "you're looking great!" Ino said smiling widely, Kaiya nodded.
"Wh- what are you doing here?" Yaya asked, Melody folded her arms before sitting on the ground.
"Just friends hanging out. Join us?" Melody asked, Yaya raised an eyebrow as Kaiya and Ino sat down with Melody.
"Since when were you and Yamanaka close?" Yaya said, Ino and Melody rolled their eyes before reaching up and dragging Yaya to the ground.
"There!" Ino said proudly, Melody smirked as Yaya folded her legs neatly under her.
"So, what's this about?" Yaya asked, Kaiya and Ino exchanged glances.
"You've seemed really down lately Yaya, so we wanted to see if you were okay." Kaiya explained, Yaya shook her head in annoyance.
"I'm fine." She replied, Ino crossed her arms over her chest.
"Then why won't you come to the festival with me?" She asked, Yaya's cheeks reddened, and she stood up quickly.
"Because I don't want to." She said curtly, she quickly turned but stopped as she felt something poke her in the back.
"But what if we helped you?" Melody said, Yaya glanced down, in Melody's hands was her violin.
"Where did you get that?" She asked reaching for it, Melody pulled it back away from Yaya's reach.
"I'm a Ninja." She said smirking, "I found it." She grinned, causing Ino and Kaiya to smile. Yaya scowled, folding her arms over her chest.
"Why didn't you tell us you played?" Ino asked, Yaya shrugged her shoulders eyeing Melody.
"So? What do you want with it?" She asked huffing quietly. Ino stood up and wrapped an arm around Yaya's shoulder.
"Well, we know why you don't want to go to the festival..." She said sadly, Kaiya nodded.
"But the thing is... it's a good opportunity. You could perform." Kaiya added, Yaya stepped back.
"But you don't understand, I haven't seen my father or been with anyone but the Leaf Village since I was brought back from being a rogue Ninja." She stated, Melody shrugged her shoulders.
"It's not like you're going to resort back to the old you. Yaya, what you've become is even better. You work harder than you probably ever did as a royal. You also have made a lot of friends. Why can't you show your dad what you can do!" Melody explained, Yaya bit her lip as Kaiya and Ino nodded enthusiastically.
"I- But I can't what if no one likes me..." She whispered quickly, Melody and Kaiya jumped up as Ino hugged Yaya again.
"No way! If anything, I hate Sakura wayyy more." Ino winked causing Melody to roll her eyes as Kaiya giggled.
"What Ino means is you've already made friends with a lot of us here in the village and we'll be there cheering you on." Kaiya said happily, Melody held up the violin and Yaya raised her hands taking it from her.
"What do you say? Final act of the festival? Not too late to sign up?" Melody smiled, Yaya sighed and nodded as the three girls cheered happily.
"You have got to play for us!" Ino gushed, Yaya sighed and began to play as the girl's sat and listened happily for a few hours before they all went their separate ways excited for the upcoming weeks. Yaya walked along with Kaiya before they arrived at Kaiya's house.
"Thank you Kaiya." She said, Kaiya smiled as she opened the door and they went in.
"Don't thank me, thank Ino." She said, Yaya's eyes widened before she followed Kaiya into her room, a smile on her lips as they got ready for bed.