Loss

Author note: Due to the last chapters sadness, here is the next one to bridge the gap.

Once they were inside the Hokage was stood staring out the window.

"Lord Hokage, Kaiya is here." Gai spoke softly, the Hokage turned around slowly his features sad. Melody stayed silent as he spoke, the room growing quieter as Kaiya's eyes widened in horror.
"I'm sorry for your loss child..." The Hokage finished speaking and everyone glanced at Kaiya. She fell into Melody who held her tightly, she burst into tears and Melody bit her lip drawing blood.
"Who did this?" She hissed out holding the crying girl, Kakashi placed his hand on her shoulder and patted Kaiya's back soothingly which only caused the young girl to cry harder.
"We do not have all the details yet... but we have started our investigation... for now Yugao will be taking Kaiya in." As if on cue the purple haired woman stepped into the room and Kaiya pulled away from Melody and jumped into the older woman's arms, hugging her tightly. "You are all dismissed until further orders. Melody, Anko and Kakashi can I have a moment." Everyone walked out staying close to Kaiya.
"Melody my child." He began
"Orochimaru is behind this..." She said bluntly, "he's after Sasuke... and me... Don't worry Lord Hokage, I'm on high alert with everyone else." She gave the Hokage a salute causing Anko, Kakashi and the Third to smile a little at her.
"I want you to look after Kaiya as well."
Melody and Kakashi nodded. Anko sighed.
"I gotta get back to training Clay." She said, she placed her hand on Melody's shoulder.
"We'll get him." Anko and Melody stared long and hard at each other before Anko let go and headed off. Melody glanced at the Third Hokage,
"you can count on me Hokage. I promise!" She bowed and Kakashi followed her out.
"Melody?" Kakashi began, Melody's fist slammed out hitting the wall. Kakashi stayed silent.
"It was Hayate! How could someone kill Hayate?!" She pulled her hand away and turned to Kakashi. Kakashi folded his arms. "I don't understand Kakashi! Orochimaru was after Sasuke and me! Why has someone killed Hayate! How could someone infiltrate the village?!" She stammered, as her hand reached up to her head as it throbbed once. Her eyes flickered colours as she glanced up at Kakashi. "You know who did this!" Kakashi reached for her shoulder and she stepped away. "Who did this?!"
"Mel, there's something you should know. When I went to check on Sasuke again... someone was there... trying to kill Sasuke." He explained calmly, Melody shook her head.
"I- I don't understand." Melody's eyes widened as Kakashi continued to talk, she staggered back as the name left his lips. She stumbled into the wall and gripped the dent, her breath hitching, her eyes widening and glancing around quickly in confusion.
"Melody. This cannot be relayed to anyone. Especially not Kaiya. I know you want to protect her, but for now the Hokage's orders is to carry on with the Chunin exam." He stepped forward and placed his hand on her shoulder she glanced up. "I know this is hard Melody. But it's time to step up as Chunin."
She lowered her head but nodded slowly.
"Alright..." She whispered as the two of them stayed there, lost in thought before parting ways. 

Melody jumped up to Kaiya's room. She glanced into the window and Kaiya was curled up on her bed. She knocked on the window and Kaiya rolled over, her eyes were bright red and puffy. Melody sighed softly as she got up slowly and opened the window. Once Melody was in she took Kaiya's hand and pulled her against her. Kaiya burst into tears and Melody stayed silent as she hugged Kaiya tightly.
"Remember... a while ago? You never gave up on me... when you saw me like that." Melody whispered, Kaiya's shoulders rose rapidly as she cried for her brother. "Well I'm not going anywhere this time either Kaiya. I'm here for you too." She said softly, Kaiya gripped Melody's top and clenched her eyes shut, her tears still streaming down her cheeks.
"I never- never got to show him!" She wailed, Melody stroked her head softly. She didn't speak, she just held on. "Why has this happened Mel? Why has he left me?" She cried, Melody slowly pulled away and took Kaiya's hand guiding her to the bed and sitting down with her before hugging her once more.
"He hasn't left you Kaiya, he will forever be watching over you. You were his little sister Kaiya, he'll always be with you." She said as Kaiya sniffed her body shaking from the tears. "I don't know why this happened, but when I found out who did this. I'll make them pay Kaiya." Melody pressed her chin against Kaiya's head. "It'll be okay Kaiya. I'm here." She whispered as Kaiya closed her eyes again.
"Don't go Mel... I can't be alone... Yugao had to collect her things to move in..." She muttered, Melody shuffled back and pressed her head against the wall.
"I'm not going anywhere." She said quietly, as Kaiya lay on her lap crying softly, as Melody glanced out the window.