Sunshine on a cloudy day - Wonho (MonstaX)

After you started college the thing you had feared for a long while, actually happened. You and your closest friends started to drift apart. You knew it was inevitable but every time your friends cancelled plans, it truly did hurt. You would notice pictures of them with other people while they had cancelled plans with you only minutes before.

You were becoming more insecure by the day. Yes, you had made new friends of your own but never wanted to lose your old ones. You feared that you weren't good enough anymore, you feared that the others around you would leave as well, and you feared that Wonho might leave too when he comes to the same realisation your old friends must have.

You had become distant, made a wall for yourself, so no one could hurt you. Instead, you were hurting yourself by keeping yourself in solitude.
Of course, Wonho had noticed and he was determined to do everything in his power to cheer you up.

"Aegi, how about I come over?" His voice sounded from you phone, even though you couldn't see him, you could just hear the aegyo in his voice. You let out a sigh. To be honest you really wanted to see him, you needed him by your side, but the fear was eating you up. In a way you wanted to break up, spare yourself the heartache, but you just couldn't get yourself to let go of the most important person in your life right now.
"You know I don't have time, I have to study." You lied, you had worked most nights that had passed because you couldn't sleep unless you were proper exhausted, so you were all out of assignments to busy yourself with.
"Okay, I understand. See you tomorrow?"
"Sure." You said, ready to hang up.
"I love you." You heard him clearly, but you couldn't say it back. Instead you pushed the red button and broke down.

You sat there for almost an hour, leaning against the side of your bed as you sat with your knees to your chest, on the floor. Lucky for you, Wonho had decided to bring you some study snacks. You hadn't heard him come in so when he opened the door to your room, you were still sat in that same feeble position. He rushed to your side, dropping the bag to the floor as he kneeled down next to you, immediately pulling you to his chest. You thought your tears had dried out, but the moment you felt his touch, they started to flow once more.

Yet now your tears didn't feel as empty as they had been, you could feel the emotion flow with them, the doubt, the anger, the fear. You felt relieved. Wonho let you cry, your tears likely staining his shirt that you clung onto for dear life as he soothingly rubbed slow circles along your back. Calming words left his lips, you weren't sure what exactly he was saying but the mere sound of his voice helped calm you, his pure presence was a reassurance.

Once your sobbing stopped, he pulled away to look at you. It was probably quite the sight to behold, eyes puffy, lips red from biting them, all kinds of dried fluids on your face, yet he looked at you with such endearment that it could make you feel like the most perfect being on the planet.
"Gwenchanayo?" he asked, a light smile on his features, and you merely nodded.

He got up and walked away, you still frozen in your spot.
He came back with a wet washcloth, seating himself in front of you again and he gently whipped at your face, the cold soothing your puffy face. He pulled you onto the bed, he sat himself against the headboard and let you cuddle up to him in a half-seated position.

"Want to finally tell me what's been going on?" He questioned, and you spilled everything. Every cancelled plan, every thought, every feeling. And to your surprise, you didn't cry. You didn't feel the need to anymore, because he was there to listen to your every word.
"Look, people come and go. So, all we can do is cherish the good times we have with them. But, believe me, I'm not planning on leaving any time soon, and I already cherish every part of you every day, until the end of all days. So please, don't be afraid anymore. I'll be here, supporting you, loving you, every inch of you and then some. Because you're perfectly you." He kissed all over your face, trying to make clear how precious you are ", and if others don't see that, they're not worth your time anyway."

You locked your lips with his in a loving kiss. Never had you given and felt so much emotion in a simple kiss. He was truly the one that could make you happy no matter what.
"I love you so much." He whispered
"I love you too."

"So," He started "How about we Netflix and chill." He said, wiggling his eyebrows at you. You hit his chest, letting out a light laugh.
"There it is, that beautiful smile of yours." He grinned.
"Ah, you're so cheesy, you're giving me Goosebumps." You laughed again.
"Only for you baby."

After that happening, he wouldn't wait for you to break anymore. When he noticed you were feeling the least bit down, he'd bring you right back up. As he is that precious bit of sunshine in your life, that will never leave your heart.