6| waiting

"What the? Who are you?"

Taehyung stood up straight and turned away from the cash register to see a middle aged woman standing behind him.

He awkwardly bowed, "i work here...?"

The lady looked confused for a second. Then a wave of realization hit her and she let out an exhausted sigh, "did my daughter hire you?"

Taehyung nodded, realizing that girl who gave him the job must be the daughter of this lady.

The lady let out another sigh, but she looked back up at Taehyung with a smile.

"I'm mrs Lee", she introduced herself, "I own this place. I asked my daughter, Minji, to send anyone who wanted this job to me, but she must of given you the job and pushed her shift onto you, am i right?"

Well, now that Taehyung thought it through, that was exactly what happened. He let out an uncomfortable chuckle, nodding his head.

The lady, Mrs Lee, groaned.

"I'm sorry about that, Minji does everything she can so she can meet up with her friends"

Taehyung cracked a grin, "Aw man, does this mean I dont have a job?"

Mrs Lee immediately shook her head.

"Oh no no no, You seem to be exactly what we need. We just need to figure out you're shift times and wages. Im heading out right now but we can do that later", she said, looking at the time on her watch, "Minji should be getting back soon, can you watch the shop til shes here?"

"Yeah sure", Taehyung said cautiously, kinda confused on what was happening.

˚✧₊⁎❝᷀ົཽ≀ˍ̮ ❝᷀ົཽ⁎⁺˳✧༚

It was 9 fucking o'clock and that girl Minji still wasn't back.

Luckily not many people had stopped by, so there were still a few rice cakes left.

Taehyung didn't know what to do. Was he supposed to close up the shop? The shop closes at 10 and he doubted Minji would be back before then.

What did that girl have to do that was so fucking important?!

Suddenly the doorbell jingled as a person walked in. Taehyung snapped his head up hoping it was Minji, but instead his eyes locked with a grinning Jungkook.

"Hey", Jungkook said, "Didn't expect to see you here"

Taehyungs eyes lit up when he saw Jungkook, he didn't know why. I mean, he had found himself interested in Jungkook, but he didnt think he was this interested.

Must just be because he hasn't seen anyone for hours. He rolled his eyes, something he seemed to be doing a lot lately, "Are you stalking me or something? What do you want?"

"I came for a rice cake but now I've changed my mind", Jungkook sat down at one of the tables, "Why are you the only one here?"

Taehyung continued standing behind counter, "I'm waiting for someone to come back"

Before he knew it he had explained his entire situation to Jungkook. He was surprised that Jungkook was listening. For some reason that made him really happy.

Jungkook was about to reply when the door bell jingled again.

"FINALLY Minji you're back-", Taehyung exclaimed, recognizing the girl who tripped as she walked in the door, even though she was in a school uniform. He recognized the uniform as the uniform for a girls only school that was near his.

But he paused when he saw a familiar person stumble in after her. His uniform was different from hers of course, since he was a guy. It matched Taehyung and Jungkook.

"Hoseok?!?"