20| doorstep

"So whats up with you and Hoseok?"

Taehyung leaned his mop against the wall, Looking towards Minji who was behind the counter.

The buzz of customers rang through the small restaurant.

Minji turned around and stared at him, "What? I-i dont know who that is", she lied.

"I know you know him", Taehyung stated. Taking his apron off, preparing to get ready to go home. It was 7 o'clock and his shift had ended.

Minji shook her head, "I dont know what your talking about", she denied.

She was stubborn.

Taehyung didn't understand why Hoseok and Minji were pretending not to know each other. He just sighed, "Okay sure", he picked his bag up, "Bye see you on Monday"

He walked out the door and looked for his bike.

He started panicking, thinking that someone had stolen it. But he soon found it and it turned out he forgot where he left it.

His bike home was normally only 10 minutes. But he found himself stopped outside a certain block of apartments.

Jungkook's.

Taehyung could remember which apartment he saw Jungkook walk into, the night of the party when they eventually walked home together.

Why am I even here?

A few days when he and Jungkook were talking, he had mentioned he got lonely sometimes.

Maybe he should pay him a visit.

Wait why would he wanna see you, Taehyung? He'd probably rather see Namjoon or Jin, hes closer to them.

Or is he?

Taehyung and Jungkook had gotten closer recently, so he didnt know.

Nah, he's known them for years. Of course he's closer to them.

The lights were off anyway. He was probably out, it was a Friday night after all and he lived alone so no one could stop him from going anywhere.

Taehyung sighed, and turned away. He hopped back onto his bike and carried on with his journey home.

Just as he turned into his street, it started to rain, heavily. The road became super slippery, as it hadn't rained for a while.

Suddenly his wheels slipped to the side and Taehyung tumbled down onto the rough road.

"Oh my god I hate my life", He groaned, rolling over onto his butt. He sat on the road aimlessly for a few minutes, examining his injuries.

He had scraped his shoulder and his knee. Blood was already oozing from his knee, and he couldn't be bothered to stand up.

His parents were still gone so they wouldn't be helping him when he got home. Not that they'd help even if they were there, they wouldn't have cared.

He didn't need their help anyway. His scrapes just required a good clean and some dressings. But he did sometimes wish that they'd worry over him whenever they saw he was injured.

He was soon brought back to his harsh reality when a car whizzed past, headlights bright, splashing a pool of water onto him.

He was drenched. Some water had even gotten into his mouth, he spat it out in disgust, wiping his mouth with his sleeve.

"Just my luck", He sighed, getting back up onto his feet and wheeling his bike down the street towards his house.

As he walked up his path, he suddenly saw a figure sitting at his doorstep with their face in their hands.

"Jungkook?"