19| lunch

It had been a week since the party. Everything had returned back to normal, except Jimin had ditched his basketball mob and started hanging out with Yoongi more.

Taehyung and Jungkook knew something was fishy about Jaehyun and his friends, but they didn't want to look into it too much. It was hard enough having to try avoid them around the school.

The bell had rung signaling the period was over.

"Finally!", Mr Choi put down his white board pen, "Oops i mean... thats all for today kids"

The room soon emptied, leaving Jungkook and Taehyung alone.

Taehyung hadnt talked to Jungkook much, in case he'd embarrass himself. But today he decided to take a risk.

"Hey Jungkook come sit with me at lunch", He spoke up. He had noticed that Jungkook normally had lunch alone.

It was a simple offer, but Taehyung found himself looking into it too much. What if theres a special reason that he eats lunch alone? oh god, what if his great great uncle had died eating lunch with someone and he had vowed to never eat lunch with anyone ever?

Shit shit shit I fucked up-

"Sure", Jungkook said smoothly, swinging his bag over his shoulder, "Just you? We'll have some fun times", he winked.

Wait is he flirting with me?

Nah get over yourself Taehyung.

Taehyung forced a laugh, "What do you mean by that? With the others of course", referring to Hoseok, Yoongi and Jimin.

"Okay cool", Jungkook replied. Then they made their way towards the cafeteria.

  ˚✧₊⁎❝᷀ົཽ≀ˍ̮ ❝᷀ົཽ⁎⁺˳✧༚

"We should hang out one weekend. And invite Namjoon and Jin!", Jimin said excitedly, as the 5 ate their lunch.

Jungkook nodded, "Yeah that'd be fun"

"Yeah we all got along quite well last week at the park", Hoseok added, referring to when they had run away from Jaehyun and others, and hung around in the park for ages.

"Yeah about that, my mum was super mad at me from getting home so late, anyone else?", Jimin asked, rolling his eyes.

"Nah my mum wasn't even home", Yoongi replied, staring at Jimin everytime Jimin looked away. He had been staring at Jimin the whole time.

"Yeah i snuck in and the light weirdly turned on and my parents were sitting in the kitchen waiting for me", Hoseok said, "It was super awkward"

Taehyung took a bite of his food, "Well mine are still on their business trip so i was fine"

"Wow you're parents are always away", Hoseok murmured, "What about you Jungkook?"

Jungkook was silent for a bit. He leaned back, scratching his neck.

"Well... i actually live alone so..", he trailed off. Everyone at the table looked at him in surprise.

"You live alone?!", Yoongi said, "Lucky!"

Taehyung really wanted to ask why he lived alone, and where his parents were. But Jungkook didn't look too comefortable with the subject so Taehyung didn't ask. No one pushed any further.

Then the bell went, and they all scurried off to their next class.