47| moving out

Jungkook gulped, as he and Taehyung sat at the kitchen table across from Taehyung's parents.

"So, you're telling me this is your boyfriend?", Tae's dad raised his eyebrow.

"Yes, Dad", Taehyung sighed.

"Well, Nice to meet you Jungkook, but Taehyung, why didn't you ever tell us you were gay?", He replied, glancing at his wife who seemed to be really shocked by the news her son was gay. She sat beside him, her hand over her mouth.

"That would have to involve you guys actually being home", Taehyung finally answered, sounding a bit more rude than he intended.

His mum finally put her hand down, letting out a shaky breath before barking at him, "don't talk to you're father like that!"

Taehyung flinched. Underneath the table, Jungkook grabbed his hand and squeezed it.

His mum continued, "We haven't seen you in months and this is then welcome we get?!? First, we discovered you've completely packed up your room- I don't know where you're planning to go but we'll talk about this later- and then suddenly a car pulls into the driveway, rather dangerously might I add, and we go out to see what it is, only to find you making out with your... lover boy in the front??? Do you want me and your father to have a heart attack???"

"His name's Jungkook", Taehyung replied, blinking his eyes boredly.

"Okay, well can you and Jungkook tell us what in the world is going on!? And why the hell you've packed up your room!?", She was on the verge of screaming now, and Jungkook's name rolled off her tongue in disgust.

Her husband tried to calm her down.

Jungkook felt bad for him. He could tell he seemed to be a reasonable person, and was confused why Taehyung seemed to feel mistreated by both of his parents, instead of just his mum.

Oh wait, he almost forgot both of them leave Taehyung home alone for months at a time, starting from a very young age.

"I'm moving out", Taehyung simply said, "And you can't stop me, I'm 18 now"

"What? Taehyung, we only just got home", his dad said,

"Yeah for how long? A few days? It doesn't even matter, you leave me home alone for months at a time what makes you think you can decide whether I want to move out or not?!", Taehyung breathed angrily.

"You're a teenager taehyung! You have school and-", His mum yelled.

"I'm 18. I'm graduating this year. I'm moving out today. And you really have no say in this", Taehyung said, trying to remain calm. He stood up from the table, pushing the chair out from behind him.

His mum stood up as well, "don't you move another step Kim Taehyung-", but before she could finish her threat her husband grabbed her hand and pulled her down.

She looked at him, startled. But he kept a gentle grip on her hand, "Very well Taehyung, Go get your boxes from upstairs and come back down. We have more to discuss", He sighed, to which his wife widen her eyes and let out a squeak of surprise.

˚✧₊⁎❝᷀ົཽ≀ˍ̮ ❝᷀ົཽ⁎⁺˳✧༚

"Are you moving in with him?" Tae's mother asked, leaning against the front door frame as she watched the 2 boys packing the boxes into the car. She gave Jungkook a pointed look.

Jungkook stayed silent, as Taehyung glared at her.

"Jungkook? Yeah, We're both moving in with our friends" Taehyung replied, shutting the boot of the car.

It had been about an hour after the conversation with his parents, and his dad had finally allowed him to move out.

His mum was against it, but Taehyung didn't care.

He and Jungkook got into the car. As he shut the door, Jungkook turned on the engine.

"Kim Taehyung! We're letting you move out with one condition! Graduate school and get into a good college!", His mum said loudly from the door.

He rolled down the window, "Okay I'll try"

She rolled her eyes, then locked eyes with Jungkook, "Drive safely. The way you pulled into the drive way before was horrible. You can drive, right?"

"Yeah, of course I can", Jungkook lied smoothly, adjusting the rear view mirror casually, before smiling at her sweetly. He began to back out.

"Goodbye!", She finally said, turning around and shutting the door, as the car sped out of the driveway.

The car ride back was silent. They had been driving for 10 minutes when Jungkook finally spoke.

"You're not gonna try, are you?", He said.

"Graduate school and get into a good college? Of course not", Taehyung replied.

Jungkook shook his head and laughed.