Chapter One

Kallie Jones.

"Kallie!" My mother- Emma, called outside my bedroom door. "It's time to get up for school. You don't wanna be late!" I groaned, rolling onto my side. My eyes opened, and I let out a heavy sigh before sitting up in bed.

"I'm getting up!" I hollered back before ripping my sheets off. My feet hit the ground as I stood up, then walked to my closet to get dressed.

Within half an hour, I was ready for school, dressing in black skinny jeans, a white tank top, and a gray knit patterned sweater. As I walked down the stairs, I heard my parents arguing.

"How is this possible?" My mom said, questioning my father- Killian. "He's dead."

"Apparently not dead enough to be visiting his grandson." He replied. My mom sighed, throwing her hands onto her hips. Her head shook in disbelief. "I could just imagine Gideon's face when a teenage boy walked in and claimed to be his grandfather." He grinned.

"That's not funny, Killian." She spoke, glaring at her husband.

"Sorry, Luv."

My mom shook her head, confused. "I still don't understand how this is possible. How did he even come back from hell?" My eyebrows raised, very confused. What were they talking about? I continued walking down the stairs. "I mean, how-" She stopped herself, seeing me at the bottom of the stairs behind my dad. "Kallie." She sighed, staring at me. My dad followed her gaze and turned around.

"Hey, Kallie, honey." He smiled. "Ready for school?" He asked with a smile on his face, changing the subject. I didn't know who or what they were discussing, but I knew from what I heard that it wasn't good.

"What were you guys talking about?" I asked, ignoring my dad's question. They exchanged looks, then flickered their eyes back to me.

"Just police business." My mom said. My dad nodded, agreeing. I stared blankly at them, not really believing them. I mean, that didn't sound like police business to me, but I hoped if it were something serious, they would tell me. "You're gonna be late for school." My mom spoke up, glancing over at the clock on the wall.

"Yes." My dad agreed, smiling down at me. "Let's get you to school." He gestured for me to lead the way. I sighed, rolling my eyes, then walked towards the front door. My dad followed me and closed the door behind us.

☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Emma Swan.

As soon as my husband- Killian, closed the door behind them, I rushed to the dining room. I grabbed my phone off the table and called Mary Margret. Aka, my mom- Snow White from the Enchanted Forest.

"Hi, Emma." She answered over the phone. I could hear my baby brother running around in the background as she asked. "What's going on?"

"Mom... Um... I need you to do something for me today." I said, trying to stay calm as possible, but my heart was pounding like crazy. "I need you to keep an extra close eye on Kallie today."

"You know I always look out for Kallie at school." She replied. I sighed, my breathing shaky. I ran my fingers through my hair, pacing back and forth. She quickly up on the fact that something wasn't right. "Emma, what's wrong?" She asked in a soft tone like she used to use when Neil was a baby. I rubbed my fingers against my temples, unsure how to tell my mother what was happening.

"Pan's back." I spoke, "And I'm afraid he's gonna go after Kallie."

☆ EDITED: MARCH 30TH, 2023 ☆

EDITED: MARCH 30TH, 2023