Pt.14

Marcus In the Media^

{QUEEN POV}

I needed to get some air. I got a call from the hospital about my father cancer, its getting worse. My index finger tap on my stomach. I started to think. I went back inside the house and grabbed my keys.

I Lock the front door and went to towards my jeep. All of sudden I hear somebody running. I turned my head to see the same guy that's about 5'10 dark skin, handsome face and muscular not to muscular. He looked at me and wink and continue with his jogging .

Every morning he would jog around the Neighborhood. I think he's new to New Orleans.

I open my car door and got inside. I drove to the hospital where my dad was in. I texted Tommy letting her know that I was at the hospital, she texted me saying she was at the airport with Candy.

......

" he's in here, you only have 7 minutes ". The nurse smiled at me.

" 7 minutes my ass". I said going in the room. I don't know one minute I'm grumpy, the next I'm sad then I'm happy it like a cycle.

I covered my mouth. And a couple of tears feel down my cheeks. He was covered with needles and wires. It was horrible sight.

I walk slowly to him. I pushed one of the chairs next to his bed. I sat down slowly not taking my eyes off of him. I grab his hand that was beside him. I put my head down and started to pray.
I prayed to god asking him to help my father with his sickness.

I felt a large hand on my head. My head shot up fast.

" daddy... please don't leave me .. please don't leave.. don't give up yet.. stay a little longer ... not for me but for the baby..dad ". I cried into his shoulder.

" shhh..". He said trying to calm me down.

" I just don't want you to be the next person to leave my life ". I said

" shhhhh... it's okay.". He said

Tommy came not for long and went back to work.

..... THE NEXT DAY ...
I stayed with my father the whole day. I actually went to his house to get some of his belongings. He's actually doing much better. I was laying on a chair which was uncomfortable. All I hear was the beeping from the machine

{BEEP!!! ... BEEP!!! ... BEEP!!!}

I hear a knock at the door. It was my sister. She brought some flowers. And sat on the table next to my father.

" where the hell were you ". She asked

" good morning to you to .. ". I rolled
My eyes

" we were looking for you yesterday", She said and sat down next to me.

" Who is we? ... oh CanFish ". I said remembering who she was referring to.

" yea No, I know you kinda care fore her.. ". Tommy said

" who? Girl bye, anyways I went for a walk sorry .. I forgot my phone". I said