Chapter 5 // Helios

"Who the hell are you?" I ask, looking up at him.

"I'm Sol."

I just stare at him. Sol? What kind of name is that? A million questions run through my mind. What is he doing here? How does he have clean clothes? Where did he find Reagan?

"Where are you from, Sol?" I ask, cringing at the sound of his name.

"Australia." He mutters, his accent clear.

"And what the hell are you doing on this island?" Louis asks behind me, obviously noticing the same clean uniform that I noticed.

"Oh," he laughs, "That doesn't matter."

"It does matter!" I shout, taking a step towards him.

Sol's sly smile gently turns into a serious frown. He squints his eyes just barely and bites his bottom lip. He doesn't say anything at first. He must be weighing his words at the moment. He's careful not to give too much away.

"Listen," he whispers, "You four should get out of here."

"We're not leaving until you tell us who you are..." I state firmly.

"I told you, I'm Sol." He says, clenching his teeth.

"Well, Sol..." I whisper, "What the hell are you doing on this island?"

"If you want to live, get out of here..." Sol says, pointing off in the direction that we came from.

"We want to know how to get off of this island." Louis says behind me.

Sol looks over to Louis and laughs quietly. His light laugh quickly turns into an evil grin. This dude is crazy. All we want is answers. I don't believe that we're asking too much.

"Get off of this island?" Sol asks with a slight laugh in the back of his voice.

"Yes," Louis says, "Get off of this island."

"There is no way off this island..." Sol says, shaking his head.

"There has to be..." Nick says, standing up.

"Well, there's not." Sol says, "Now get out of here before the others come!"

"The others?" Reagan asks, standing up next to Nick.

"Listen," Sol says, quickly glancing back to make sure no one is behind him, "I've said too much already. Like I said, if you want to live, head back to the beach. If you want to die, stay here."

"I don't know about you guys, but I want to live..." Louis says, pulling his backpack onto his back.

"Good choice..." Sol whispers, glaring back at Nick, Reagan and I.

"At least tell us how you got here..." I whisper, squinting under the hot sun.

"No." Sol says, turning around to leave.

"Sol!" I shout after him.

He doesn't turn back around. He just keeps marching forward, his image growing further and further distant with every step that he takes. Eventually, he disappears completely into the jungle from which he initially appeared from. For a second I consider running after him.

"Harry..." Louis says behind me.

"Let's go." I mutter, turning back around to return to the beach.

We track back the first adventure that we had. The jungle is just as dangerous and disgusting as it was entering into it as it is exiting it. It seems to take longer to get back to the beach. We walk for hours and hours, continuing on the same path. Nick carries Reagan for the first half, while I volunteer to carry her the second half of the trip.