Epilogue

THREE MONTHS LATER...

A room sits in silence and near darkness as thunder roars behind the open curtains hanging in the large windows. Streaks of white lightning and a small desk lamp are the only meanings of a visual image in the small room. Brief scribbling and then the clicking of fingertips among keys fill the space, barely audible underneath the sounds from the winter storm outside.

Harry Styles sits in the corner of the room, his head slouched over his heated laptop as his fingers click away. There are dark bags under his eyes and cracks among his pink lips. He sucks in his bottom lip as he runs a quick hand through his hair and exhales a heavy breath in exhaustion. He stares at his computer screen as he leans back in his small desk chair and crosses his arms.

The computer screen is bright and the only visible image on the screen is the word, "Stranded" across an empty page. Harry breathes in another heavy breath as he leans forwards against his desk again and places his fingertips above the clean keyboard. Before he can type another word, his phone vibrates next to his laptop.

"Hello?" he whispers, his voice tired and slightly irritated.

"Hey babe..." Reagan says on the other line, "how's the writing going?"

"Exhausting..." he whispers through a smirk.

"I would imagine that it is. I mean, it is nearly midnight there in London..." she says as she smiles into the phone.

"Yeah," Harry says through a yawn, "I should probably get to bed soon. I have my shift early in the morning."

"Okay. Well, I just wanted to call and let you know that I'll be arriving there in London on Saturday." Reagan says as she unzips a large suitcase.

"Yes..." Harry whispers as he carries out the "s" of the word, "I'm so excited to see you and have you here with me. Are you sure that Nick doesn't mind me stealing you away for a few weeks?"

"No," Reagan laughs, "Nick will probably love his time here in Sydney alone. Besides, him and Sol will probably throw a massive party while I'm away."

"I still can't believe that you allowed Sol to move in with you guys..." Harry says as he slides a pen between his teeth.

"I still can't believe that you are actually kind of friends with Louis now..." Reagan quips in response.

"Yeah," Harry laughs, "speaking of Louis, while you're here he's doing this charity match thing and was wondering if you'd be interested in going?"

"I'd love to." Reagan says as she begins to place clothing in her suitcase.

"Hey um, did you receive a card in the mail from Niall?" Harry asks as he rummages through a pile of mail on his desk in search of a bright yellow card.

"Yeah," Reagan laughs, "the one inviting us to his adoption party? I guess Kennedy is officially his forever, huh?"

"I guess so..." Harry whispers as he smiles at the card.

"Alright babe, I should let you get some rest. You'll need it with me coming..." Reagan says as she stops packing and focuses on ending her conversation.

"If I want anything to be exhausting me, I want it to be you..." Harry whispers seductively into the phone as a delirious smile flicks across his lips.

"Okay, I love you Harry..." Reagan laughs into the phone.

"I love you too..." he whispers as he ends the call.

He places his phone back into it's place next to the laptop and leans back into his chair as he places his hands on the back of his head. The word on the screen stares back at him, haunting him as he stares at it in return. Before it can haunt him anymore, he slams the laptop shut and jumps up from his chair, immediately turning to the window to his left.

He stands in front of the window, his hands crossed across the chest of his pajama shirt. He has another busy day at the hospital tomorrow and should really be focused on getting prepared for another day. Yet he just can't shake the word from his mind. Stranded. It's a word that's been etched into his soul since leaving the island.

He can't speak about what happened there. He knows that. Hell, he's signed a contract about it. However, they never said that he couldn't write a fictional novel based off the events of the island, right? A sly smile spreads across his face as he nods his head with his wit and stares out at the city among him.

The thunder and rain have stopped since he's made his appearance in front of the window and now only cold air whips around outside. Harry smiles one last time at the city before quickly pulling the curtains closed, shutting himself out from the outside world. Behind the curtains, the desk light is turned off as the scene goes dark.

"They actually think that I'm dead..." a voice says as a shadowy image appears on the roof of the building across from Harrys'.

She stands in a white coat with her blonde hair pulled back into a high ponytail. Her lips are perfectly colored with a beautiful shade of red lipstick as her white sparkling teeth shine underneath the gleaming moonlight. She stares down into the window that has just been shut off from the world as she pulls a cellphone up to her ear.

"They do..." another voice whispers through the phone next to her ear.

She smiles a cunning smile and slowly spins around, away from the sight of the window. The city lights of London stare back at her as they light up her face, taking away the darkness of her shadow. Her dark eyes lighten up with the sights before she speaks into the phone again.

"Well that won't be for long..."

STRANDED.

A/N: (very important!)

Honestly, I was getting heart palpitations while writing this because I was just so damn excited about it! This book has done pretty well, thanks to all of the amazing readers that spend their time reading, voting and commenting! Not only do you help my story when you take the time to do all of that, but you help me as an aspiring writer. You all inspire me and motivate me with your kind comments every single day!

Because you all have been so amazing, I think I owe it to you to do a sequel to Stranded. Sound good? Okay, okay, are you done screaming now? If not, slowly back away from the computer screen, find the nearest pillow, place your face against it and scream as loud as you can. You done now? Good!

Like I said, a sequel is coming! I'm not sure when exactly, I'm hoping within the next couple weeks but it is coming! Make sure to keep an eye out for it! For the sequel, if any of you would like to attempt a book cover, trailer, etc; please let me know because I will be looking for those things for this upcoming book! Just message me and I'll get back to you asap!

Book Title:

The Stranded Ring

Another thing, this is a big sequel and will be needing new characters! So of course, there will be a massive character contest before the sequel begins! This will give some readers (new and old) a chance to enter the world of the Stranded. Sound exciting? I hope so!

Now, please keep in mind that some old characters may not be returning back. Unfortunately, it's just impossible to have too many characters coming into the second book. While they may be mentioned at times, not all will be used 100%. So, I'm very sorry if your favorite character from the first book is not brought into the second book.

This leads to the question of the day:

Which character(s) do you want returning in the second book?

Sound off in the comments below!

Thanks so much! xx Sarah