Chapter 18 // Resurrected

The room stands nearly silent as we all watch Sol with Kennedy. We've been sitting here for what seems like hours as he's attempted to bond with her as much as possible in the short amount of time that he's had. Zayn and Liam stand on the catwalk above our heads, guarding the door as Eddie sits next to Sol and Kennedy on the bottom stair. Reagan and I just sit next to one another on the concrete floor, quiet as we watch Sol cooing at Kennedy.

"Do you think he killed her?" Reagan whispers, keeping her eyes on him.

"It surely looks like it. I mean..." I whisper back, huffing out a breath, "he is soaked in blood."

"Yeah..." Reagan responds, glaring over at me, "but that could be anyone's blood. He could of killed Santa Claus for all we know..."

"Reagan," I laugh, "Even Sol knows not to kill Santa Claus because that would definitely put him on the naughty list."

"Harry, this isn't the time to joke..." she mutters, turning away from me.

"Well, come on!" I laugh, "Suggesting Santa Claus as a kill was a joke all by itself..."

"I was just trying to show that he could of killed anyone and that could be anyone's blood..." she says, crossing her arms tight across her chest.

"I know..." I whisper, "I understand that but I really do believe that he took care of Carson. I mean, she was trying to hurt their daughter, maybe even potentially kill her."

"I don't know..." she shrugs, "What if he was in love with her and couldn't do it?"

I take in another deep breath and sink further into my uncomfortable seat on the ground. I lean my head against the cold metal behind me and look up at Zayn and Liam who stand above us on the catwalk. They're just chatting among themselves, not paying any attention to us below.

"Do you actually think that Sol is capable of loving someone?" I ask, turning my head towards Reagan to give her a brief smile.

"I think that everyone is capable of loving..." she whispers, leaning her own head against the cold metal behind us.

"Wow..." I whisper with a quiet laugh, "that was really deep."

"Sorry," she laughs, "I didn't mean it to be."

"No, it's okay..." I laugh, "before this island, I loved reading and writing. Mainly poetry..."

"Poetry?" she giggles, placing her hand in front of her mouth to muffle her laughs.

"Ay," I whisper,  "don't judge me. Poetry can be really relaxing..."

"You know what else can be really relaxing?" she whispers seductively, moving closer to me.

I gulp nervously as my heart immediately quickens in my chest. She places her hand on my thigh and begins to lean her face towards mine. I feel the hair stand on the back of my neck, feeling as if I've been hit with some sort of electrical current. As I watch her face grow closer to mine, I also begin to lean in, waiting for her lips to be on my own.

Seconds away from our lips meeting, Reagan turns her head slightly and rests her head on my shoulder. I can feel her warm breath on my neck as the electrical current that ran through me seconds ago turns into a heap of disappointment.

"Bubble baths..." she whispers through a silent laugh.

"You're so mean..." I laugh as I shake my head.

"Sorry..." she mutters, cozying her head into the crook of my neck.

Soon we both begin to drift into sleep. It's been nearly two or three days since we've each had more than an hour of sleep. Our bodies are sore and exhausted but our survival instincts have definitely been kicked into overdrive. I'm jolted awake as I feel hands grab my shoulders, pulling me up. As my eyes open immediately, I find Sol besides me, waving his hand in front of my face.