Chapter 23 // Captive

Sols' POV

The constant humming of the fan overhead fills my congested ears as cold water soothes my sore hands. The bathroom is small and sterile white, much like every other room on this base. Apart from the weapons room of course. The weapons room is large and dark, the room that hides the most horror on this base. No, that's not true. The room that holds the most horror is whichever room that Carson stands in.

Carson.

That bitch. It's too bad that even when I attempt to kill her, she still won't die. She's like a cockroach. I regret ever allowing myself to fall for her, even if it was only for a minute. She knows how to play people and play them well. She knows how to get inside of people's heads and convince them of things that are untrue. She's a manipulator.

As my thoughts distract me from my actions, I sharply pull my hands out of the water as the once cold water has now turned scolding hot. Steam rises from the white sink as I flick the water off and lean up against the sink. Thick blood is stained across the skin of my forehead and cheeks as bruises continue to form under the blood.

I clench my jaw slightly to see if there's any pain and stop as soon as there's even a hint. I lick my lips briskly to wipe away any blood that sits on them. I cringe as the muscles in my face soar with pain as new blood begins to drip from my nose. I turn the knob for the cold water once more and fill my hands with it as I splash it against my face. The water feels good against my heated skin as I allow it to drip down my chin to my collarbone.

My reflection in the mirror stares back at me as I turn the water off for the last time. My dark brown eyes are darker than ever and my normally set black hair is now matted with blood and sweat. The top buttons of my uniform are undone as I released myself from any form of claustrophobia that I could find. I've never felt more captive in my whole life in such a small area than I have the last few days. I'm as stranded as the group that originall crash landed here.

I'm no longer apart of the team or schemes that this base holds. I'm no longer of rank or importance. As much as the thought disgusts me, I'm one of them. I'm one of the stranded.

"Sol?" Reagan whispers on the other side of the closed door.

"I'm coming..." I say as I take one final look at myself in the mirror and head out of the bathroom.

"Are you okay?" she asks as I shut the door behind me.

"Fine." I shrug as I turn away from her and begin to walk towards the small office.

"You know..." she begins, "Harry's been gone for a few hours now. Do you think he was able to find someone?"

Eddie cradles a sleeping baby in her arms in the corner of the office as I crouch down next to Louis who still hasn't spoken a word since waking up here with us. Niall, Liam and Zayn go throughout the room next door dismantling the operation as Eddie instructed after Harry left us to inspect the medical lab below.

"I'm not sure..." I whisper as I rip the duct tape from Louis' mouth.

He hisses in pain as he slams his head up against the file cabinet behind him. His hands and feet are still taped together as he breathes in and out harshly. I squint my eyes and pull him closer to me as I wait for him to speak any words. His eyes just glow under the light as he glares back at me.

"What has Carson done to you..." I whisper with a brief shake of my head.

"She's given me power..." he spits in response, quickly pulling himself out of my grip.

"Power?" I laugh, tightening my hands on his uniform again as I pull him closer to me, this time a little more rough.

"Yes, power you dick..." he whispers, his voice low and cold.