Chapter 16 // History

The large air conditioned room soothes our heated bodies as we all take a seat around a long wooden table. Maps of the island hang on the wall as decor as I study them closely while we wait for Sol to make a reappearance. Reagan sits next to me, shaking her leg in nervousness as she bites her bottom lip. Zayn and Liam sit on the other side of the table in silence. Eddie just stands in the corner of the room, her arms tightened across her chest.

"Psst..." I whisper, leaning over to Reagan.

"Hmm?" she whispers, raising an eyebrow at me.

"You really shouldn't do that..." I whisper, pointing up to her bruised lip.

"Harry," she groans, "I don't need a doctor talk right now."

"I'm just saying..." I say, "it could get infected."

"Well..." she says with a brief laugh, "infections are the least of my concerns right now. I'm more concerned about what's going to happen with Carson and if we should really trust Sol."

"Eddie said he's our only choice..." I mutter with a shrug.

"Well, being that he's our only choice..." Reagan responds, "I have every reason in the world to be biting my lip in nervousness."

"Your point is relevant..." I laugh quietly, "you've won this round."

"Of course I have..." she whispers with a brief smile.

Her smile quickly fades as Sol enters the room, the metal door cracking hard against the cement wall, sending a screeching echo around the room. I flinch slightly and grasp onto Reagan's hand underneath the table. Sol licks his lips as he waltzes arrogantly through the room, making a stop at the head of the table.

He tucks metal dog tags that hang from his neck back into his black jumpsuit and scrolls out a blue and white map of the island onto the wooden surface of the table. Small numbers appear throughout the map, as do large black dots. The four of us stand and move towards the end of the table, focusing our attention on the open map.

"What are the black dots and numbers?" I ask, pointing them out to Sol.

"Those would be none of your damn business..." Sol mutters as he glares up at me.

He leans against the table, biting his own bottom lip. Apparently everyone has decided to be nervous today. I let go of Reagan's hand as I place my own hands on the table, signaling to Sol that I'm on the same playing level as he is in this game. While I'm trusting him to help us take down Carson, I haven't yet forgotten about the damage that he's done to us. I never will forget.

"If they're going to help us, they might need to know those codes..." Eddie speaks up from the corner of the room.

"Eddie!" Sol growls, slamming his hands onto the table causing it to jump in it's place.

The room silences as we all listen to the now heavy breathing Sol. He instantly turns his glare towards all of us, challenging us to say another word about whatever "codes" Eddie was trying to get him to explain to us. Whatever the codes are, they're important and Sol doesn't want us to have them for whatever reason.

"What are the codes for?" Reagan asks, surprising me with her challenge to him.

Sol slowly turns his eyes in her direction, his eyes widening as they land on her. Reagan stands firmly behind the table, arms crossed against her chest with an attitude. I breathe out quickly as I shake my head in frustration. I know that she wants to stand up to him, but we've seen what damage he can inflict. If anyone should know that by now it should be her.

"Princess Peach decides to challenge me..." Sol whispers with a subtle laugh.

Reagan stands quiet, tilting her head to the side as she waits for an answer. Sol raises an eyebrow and leans back from the table, crossing his own arms across his chest. This is about to be a serious match. I bite my own lip in nervousness as anxiety fills my body. I fear what he may do to her. What if he takes her again or forces himself upon her? We don't need him against us right now, we need him with us.