Chapter 15 // Drown

The jungle is silent as Reagan and I whisper back and forth. Reagan has now introduced me to the woman who helped her escape from the underground base and continues to tell me all about Carson and her devilish plans for the island, at least all of what she knows. Unfortunately, we don't really know much.

"I already know about Carson..." I whisper, looking back over through the lining to peek back onto the beach.

Carson sits quietly as she runs her fingers through Kennedy's curly hair. Kennedy lays up close to her, her eyes opening and closing slolwy. Kennedy will be falling asleep at any moment. Maybe then we'll be able to confront Carson. Actually, maybe it's not a good idea to confront Carson at all. We don't know what she'll do to us if she knows that we know.

"Look," I whisper through a deep breath, "we just need to find a way to get off of this island."

"Unless you swim off..." Eddie steps up, "I'm not so sure that's going to happen."

"Then what do you expect us to do?" I ask, taking a step towards her, "Do you expect us to actually swim off of this island?"

"All that I can tell you..." she begins, lifting her hand up in her own defense.

"All that you can tell us!" I whisper loudly through my teeth. "You haven't told us anything so don't act like you're offering us some life-saving information here!"

Eddie is quiet as the veins in my neck throb and I clench my knuckles. I respect that Eddie helped Reagan to escape, but other than that, she hasn't offered much to help to our situation. She refuses to tell us anything of what's happened and what is going to happen on the island.

"Listen..." she whispers, crossing her arms across her chest, "you need to somehow get rid of Carson."

"Get rid of Carson?" I ask, raising an eyebrow at her.

"Yes," she nods, "If you get rid of Carson, you might be able to find a proper way off of this island."

"Well then..." I whisper, "how do we get rid of Carson?"

"It's not going to be easy..." she whispers, looking back towards Carson on the beach, "but we should start with the one person who hates her the most."

"And who might that person be?" I ask, crossing my own arms across my chest.

"Sol." she mutters, turning her attention towards me.

"Sol?" I laugh, immediately shaking my head.

"Yes," she whispers, "Sol."

"And why should we trust Sol?" I laugh, leaning up against a tree.

"Because he may be your only chance..." she whispers, walking towards me.

"Only chance?" I laugh, "Well, I sure as hell don't know if I'd call him that..."

"Harry," she mutters, "I'm trying to help you here!"

"And what's Sol going to do to help us, huh?" I ask, quickly removing myself from the tree.

Eddie grows quiet as she looks over to Reagan, Liam and Zayn. They all stand there silently, Zayn keeping the corner of his eye on Carson as he's been instructed. I too turn to look at them, giving Reagan a brief smile. She just bites her bottom lip and nods her head, as to tell me to go along with what Eddie is suggesting.

"He'll kill her..." Eddie whispers, looking back to me.

"Why?" I ask, confused by whatever tragic back story the two may have.

"Carson has really turned his life upside down. He wants nothing more than revenge..." Eddie continues, walking in a small circle under the dark sky above us.