Chapter 8 // Hero

Sol throws Reagan to the ground, her body bruised from the abuse that he's forced upon her. She cries quietly as Sol pulls his black jumpsuit back over his body, covering the sweat that fills his muscles. He sniffs in the cool air of the room, a smug grin stretching across his face. I'm still being held against the wall across the room, his men's hands tight against mine.

My screams stopped a few moments ago as Sol finished his filthy business with Reagan. I tried to turn my head away, I tried to stop the image from being burned into my mind but nothing worked. The image will forever stay with me. All that I know is, if we're ever able to escape from this, Nick will kill Sol. He won't allow him to get by with what pathetic force he's laid upon his sister.

"Well," Sol whispers, zipping up his jumpsuit, "That was fun."

I jerk forward, my body quickly being thrown back against the hard wall behind me. I cringe as pain shoots through my shoulder blades. Sol just smiles at me and kneels down next to Reagan. Her hands cover her face in shame as she turns away from him. He gently pushes her hair out of her face, revealing bruises that he placed upon her when she disobeyed.

"There, there sweetheart..." he whispers, "You did fine for it being your first time. I mean, it was your first time right?"

Reagan pulls away from him, leaning up against the wall behind her. Sol breathes in quietly and pulls her back to him again, his fingertips burying themselves into her skin.

"No..." Reagan cries, attempting to pull away.

"Shh..." Sol whispers, straightening her in front of him.

Reagan is on her knees in front of him, salty tears streaming down her bruised cheeks. Sol carefully wipes away one of her tears, tilting his head with a thick smile. Reagan doesn't look at him. Her eyes dart around the room, finding any object or person that isn't Sol.

"You're quite the delicacy..." Sol whispers, pushing her hair out of her face, "Delicious in every way."

"Go to hell..." Reagan mutters, finding Sol's eyes.

"You have quick lips too..." Sol laughs, shaking his head as he holds her head in his hands. "However, talking back doesn't get you anywhere good."

Reagan just turns her head away from him, unable to look back into his cold, monstrous eyes.

"Turn your attention back to me." Sol demands, leaning his head back slightly.

Reagan doesn't.

"I said," Sol shouts, pushing Reagan back up against the wall behind her, "turn your attention back to me!"

His booming voice echoes through the small room, piercing everyone's ears. Even Sol's men shake their heads in annoyance. Reagan stares down at Sol, more tears shedding. Sol laughs quietly as he too pushes those tears off of her cheeks. He removes his hands from her arms and traces them up and down her abdomen, she cringes at his touch.

"Next time..." Sol whispers, "I won't be as gentle."

He releases her from his grip, turning to look back to me. I pay him no attention. I only stare at Reagan who looks at the back of Sol's head, as if she could kill him right this second if she could get away with it. I understand that feeling all too well. I would too if I wasn't currently being held by two men that are nearly twice my size.

"Take them to the chamber..." Sol orders, exiting the room.

"Sol!" Reagan shouts behind him.

He doesn't respond, nor return. Instead, Reagan and I are both escorted to another small, dark room. The walls and floors are concrete and there are no windows anywhere to be seen. All that lights the space is a singular yellow light that hands in the center of the ceiling. There is no furniture, it's only an empty room.