Chapter 24 // Revenge

Harry's POV

Louis' injection goes smoothly. We wait around the small room, waiting patiently for anything to happen as the cure finds its way around his body. At first we weren't sure if it would work because nothing was happening. However, after nearly an hour of sitting around fiddling with our fingers, something change in Louis.

His veins turned black as the cure took its final resting place. He cried out in pain a few time but that was as bad as it really got. Dr. Drake and I both monitored him closely after that and made the final decision that the cure had worked. Louis was free from Carsons' wrath. Next was Nick. 

Nick was surprisngly easy to get. While I didn't think that it would be possible for us to find him in the massive base, it was as easy as Dr. Drake paging him down to the medical lab. It only took him maybe ten minutes to enter the dark room before Sol wrapped his large arms around him and knocked him out cold. We injected him with the cure while he was knocked out and by the time he woke up, he was asking us all sorts of questions.

How was he alive? What were we doing? Why was his head throbbing?

It was clear that he too had been cured by the mysterious serum that Dr. Drake had created. Now that we have two of our best soldiers back, we'll be okay. We just need to concentrate on taking Carson down. We need to concentrate on what really matters, revenge. Revenge for all that she's done. Each and every one of us has our own story of how she's screwed with us. Some stories (like Sols') the screwing is quite literal.

The five of us sit around the small medical room as Dr. Drake cleans up some of his work and begins to bid us his last farewell. He talks as he shuffles around the room, his sterile hands placed under latex gloves. We all listen half-heartedly as we begin to dread our own possible farewells. We know that we need to get back to the group and find a way to get off this island in one piece but for the short time that we've had in this small office with Dr. Drake, it's provided us safety and comfort. Maybe even hope.

"Dr. Drake..." I whisper, interrupting his short speech of how he wishes us the best in our journey.

"Yes?" he asks as he slowly spins around and glances over at me.

"Carson said that nobody can die on this island..." I mutter, "if that's true, then how do we kill her?"

"That's rather simple," he laughs before turning back around, "you simply get her off the island."

I instantly look over to Sol who stands in the corner of the room, arms crossed. He laughs silently to himself as he shakes his head. I nearly have the same response. Dr. Drake obviously doesn't understand how complicated it would be to get Carson off of this island. Quite frankly, we can't even find a way off this island ourselves. How can we expect to get her from this place?

"I wish it was rather simple..." I laugh quietly as I lean back against a stainless steel tray.

"It is." he says as he turns back around and rolls up the sleeves to his shirt.

"How so?" Sol asks from the corner, his mouth in a tight line.

"Well," Drake begins, "you take something that she loves and cares about very much and get it off the island first. Then, she'll do all the work for you because she'll follow that thing that she loves so very dearly..."

The room stands silent as we listen to what Drake says closely. He's right. That would work. However, maybe if Carson was a normal person with a caring heart that actually loved something or even someone.

"Kennedy." Sol mutters as he immediately glances over to me.

The lightbulb in my head switches on as a wise smile stretches across my face. Kennedy. Of course! Carson would follow her to the ends of the earth. She would do whatever she possibly could to make sure that, that baby was hers and stayed hers. If anyone was to ever take her away, I'm sure Carson would follow shortly behind.