Chapter 13 // Innocence

Reagan's POV

"What the fuck do you think you're doing?" A familiar voice asks at the entrance of the room.

The room grows silent. I slowly turn my head towards the door, immediately recognizing the face with the voice. Carson. Innocent Carson. My heart pounds deep within my chest as I breathe in shallowly. What the hell is she doing here? Why did Sol call her "boss?"

"I was just having some fun..." Sol whispers, turning back to me with a sly smile across his face.

I hate him. I hate everything about him. I hate the way that he talks and the way that he smiles at every little thing that he says. It's almost as if he believes that everything that he does is funny in some sort of sick way. He's in control and he knows that he is. He loves it. He eats every second of it up.

"Fun?" Carson laughs, walking towards him with her arms crossed tight against her chest.

"Yeah," he whispers, "fun..."

"Fun?" She whispers again, nodding her head slightly.

Sol breathes in with her words as he purses his lips together. With the way that Carson is reacting to his latest behavior, I would have to say that he's probably been in trouble with her once before. Whatever is about to happen, he knows that it's coming.

"Listen..." he begins, taking a step towards her.

As the word pours from his mouth, a loud crack escapes across the room. Sol immediately tumbles back, clasping on to his left cheek. He cringes in pain as Carson stands next to him shaking her head.

"There is no fun here Sol..." she whispers as she leans down next to him.

"I'm sorry..." he cries, continuing to hold on to his reddened face.

"You will be if you don't get your act together..." she says, standing back upright.

I just watch in disbelief as she glances over to me. I immediately tighten up, leaning harder into the concrete wall behind me. She just slowly walks towards me, a gentle smile across her face. My heart pounds harder in my chest as I close my eyes in fear. I'm probably her next victim.

"Reagan..." she whispers, tilting my chin up to her lightly.

I slowly open my eyes and stare into hers. A smile still sits across her face as her eyes search mine. She tilts her blonde head gently and releases her finger from my chin. As she leans back, I swear that a slap or a punch or maybe even my death is coming, but instead, she just crosses her arms and nods gently.

"I'll have someone in here to clean you up..." she says, "I can see that Sol has made a mess of you."

I just nod to myself and watch as she smirks once more and exits the room. Sol staggers back to an upright position, still clutching his face. He glares at me, his eyes darker than the bruise forming on his cheek.

"Bitch..." he mutters, before following Carson out of the room.

As he leaves the room, he runs into a young woman entering. He glares at her and breathes in heavily as he mutters another curse word before heading further down the hallway. The young woman looks to me and instantly rolls her eyes. She's pretty. She's about 5'7" with dark smooth skin and long black hair that's pulled into a high ponytail.

"I hate him sometimes..." she laughs, pulling a small black kit out from her pocket.

"I hate him all of the time..." I whisper, turning away from her.

"Sol?" She asks, "He's actually not too bad when you get to know him. It's Carson you have to watch out for..."

"She's the boss?" I ask, turning back towards her.