Chapter 6: Who are you taking to the School Dance?

~New Girl's POV~

It was early December, and the winter school dance was approaching. It was only a few weeks away. Everyone was already talking about who they would ask or take.

Dustin, Will, and I all sat at a table at lunch. We all picked at our food in silence, not sure how to start up a conversation. Finally, Dustin spoke up. 

"So, who are you taking to the School Dance?" He asked both of us.

"I'm not going with anyone. Well, no one has asked me," I said.

"Uh, well, would you like to go with me?" Dustin asked me.

"Sure! I'd love to!" I replied happily.

I looked around the room to see the group of boys enter. For a moment, Mike caught my eye. I felt weird, but soon the feeling went away.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~Mike's POV~

As I walked into the cafeteria, I made eye contact with that new girl for a moment. I had crossed paths with her several times, but the funny thing was, I didn't even know her name. All I knew was that she sat the table with those nerds every lunch, and she didn't seem to like my friends or me.

As I sat down at a table with my friends, Maxine walked up, and sat down next to me, Jennifer following close behind her.

"So Mikey, are you taking anyone to the school dance?" She asked, fluttering her eyelashes.

"Uh, well, I haven't asked anyone yet," I said.

"No one has asked me, so we should go together! Don't you think that would be fun?" She asked.

"Yeah, totally!" I exclaimed. I wasn't sure how I felt about this. I didn't dislike Maxine, but I didn't have a thing for her either. I guess I would just have to see how this goes.