Chapter 15: Should I Stay or Should I Go?

~Max's POV~

I walk up the front door of the Wheeler's house. I knock and wait awkwardly for someone to answer the door. I had managed to convince Billy he didn't have to drive me. It took a while, but he finally let me go on my own.

It was weird, having a brother that actually cared about me. Honestly, I kind of liked it. It would probably be the one and only thing I would miss once everything went back to normal again.

After what felt like forever, someone opened the door.

"Hello, Maxine! Are you here to see Michael?" Mr. Wheeler asked me.

"Actually, I was here to see Nancy," I said.

"Oh, well, ok! Come on in!" Mr. Wheeler joyfully welcomed me. I was kind of surprised. Usually, he just sat around the house, and he was never really enthusiastic.

I sat down in a chair in the living room. I could hear arguing from the kitchen. I peaked in, and what I saw and heard shocked me.

She was wearing lots of make-up and ripped up jeans. She had a nice shirt on and a black leather jacket. Her hair was down, and she was chewing some gum.

"Nancy! I told you, you need to get better grades!" Mrs. Wheeler scolded Nancy.

"Mom! I don't have time for better grades! I'm on the cheerleading team!"

"Well, maybe you need to take some time off of cheerleading and focus on your grades," Mrs. Wheeler suggested.

Nancy was always a straight-A student. Having heard she had bad grades was unbelievable.

She stormed out fo the kitchen, and almost ran into me.

"Nancy-" I started.

"I don't have time for you!" She yelled, storming up the stairs.

Well so much for getting Nancy to join us.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~Will's POV~

I waked up to my dad's front door and knocked. He opened, and he seemed like the same guy I remembered.

"What do you want?" He asked.

"I'm here to see Jonathan," I said sternly.

"Did your mom send you?"

"No! I just wanted to see my brother!"

"His room is down the hall to the left," My dad told me.

I made my way down the hall. The house was disgusting.

I went into the room I assumed to be Jonathan's.

"Jonathan?" I asked.

Jonathan turned around.

He was wearing blue jeans and a white t-shirt. His hair was slicked back too.

"What do you want?" He asked.

"Jonathan! My friends and I need your help!"

"And why would I help you?"

"Why wouldn't you?"

"Look, go home Will," Jonathan told me.

Luckily, I was prepared for something like this. I knew I would probably need something to remind him of the past.

I rummaged my hand into my pocket and took out a mixtape.

I walked up to his tape player.

The song Should I Stay Or Should I Go? played.

"Jonathan, something bad has happened. No one seems to remember who they are. Can you help my friends and I save Hawkins?" I asked Jonathan, hoping he would remember.

"Let's go and save our town," He says, grabbing his things.

Then we leave the city and travel back to Hawkins.

Hopefully, we will have enough people for our cause.