Chapter 9: A New Opportunity

Tanya's P.O.V.

After confronting Dean and Summer, Stephanie told me that she had something to tell me inside the ring. She didn't tell me what, so I was nervous because even though we're good friends, she's unpredictable with her words and actions. Seth, Sasha. Roman, and Charlotte offered to accompany me, but I told them I'd be okay.

I watched on the monitor backstage as Stephanie walked down the ramp and into the ring. She got a microphone and began to speak. "Ladies and Gentlemen, welcome to Monday Night Raw!" she announced. Some cheered and some booed her. "Now, I'd like to take the time to call somebody out. She's the one, the only, Tanya Banks!"

All the things she said
Running through my head

My theme hit and I walked out, doing my entrance. I took off my glasses and placed them on my head. I walked down the ramp and hopped on the apron as I slid in the ring. I got a microphone and my music stopped. "So, Tanya. I brought you out here because I have an announcement for you." she explained. "What's that?" I asked her with furrowed eyebrows. She held the mic to her once again.

"First of all, you have proven you got guts. I mean, you fought Dean Ambrose in a Battle Of The Sexes match, you fought Charlotte and Sasha in a Triple Threat match in a steel cage, and you teamed up with Brock Lesnar to take on Dean Ambrose and Summer Rae in your first ever mixed tag-team match. Because of this, I came to ask you a question." she explained. I chuckled and held the mic. "And that is?" I asked.

"How would you feel about getting a shot at the Raw Women's Championship?" she asked. I gasped as the crowd cheered and starting doing the 'Yes!' chant. I couldn't help the tears that were about to form. I couldn't believe it. Stephanie smiled and placed a hand on my shoulder as I held my microphone.

"Are you serious?" I asked her. "Yes, I'm serious. You're an amazing athlete. You never back down from a challenge. You stand up for what's right. You were amazing when you debuted. You have been fighting in singles matches, even mixed-matches. You even helped with revolutionizing the Divas division to the Women's division." she said.

"You have been the NXT Women's Champion, a Divas Champion, and a Smackdown Women's Champion. Think about it. Not only will you become a grand slam champion, if you keep up this talent and continue to inspire others, you'll be a possible Hall of Famer alongside your mentors and idols." she explained.

She then turned her attention to the crowd. "Do you people want to see Tanya Banks win the Raw Women's Championship?" she asked them. They responded with cheers and screams. "What do you say, Tanya? You in for it next Monday?" she asked. I looked and saw everybody doing the 'Yes' chant again and I smiled and nodded. "You can bank on that." Stephanie was about to shake my hand until...

Call to me, Call to me

I groaned as I turned and saw an angry Summer walking down the ramp with a mic in her hand. She got inside the ring and began to ran once again. "Stephanie! She doesn't deserve the Raw Women's Championship! I deserve it! I'm the best there is! I beat all the women here!" she ranted. I chuckled. "Summer, you can never hold the Women's Championship. You can't even win without tapping out. A whore like you doesn't deserve to hold the Women's Championship. A matter of fact, you can't even hold my mic." I said before I threw it to her.

I then punched her and she fell before I pounced on her and began to punch her. She tried to fight back, but I clearly had it. It was then I felt arms wrap around my waist, pulling me back. I looked and saw Roman and Seth holding me back as well as Sasha and Charlotte. Dean, Goldust, and Triple H held Summer back as she and I tried to go at it again.

"Tanya! Summer! Stop it! You know what? You both want the championship? Fine. In two weeks, Summer Rae and Tanya Banks will compete for the Raw Women's Championship on Monday Night Raw...in a Lumberjill match!" Stephanie announced as the crowd cheered. I nodded and calmed down as Summer still tried to go after me.

"You two will have to sign a contract for this, because it will be at the Main Event." Stephanie said. Just then, Mick Foley came out and a table was put in the middle of the ring. He handed Summer and I pens and opened the folder containing the contract. It was then Summer held the microphone to her mouth. "Remember, Banks. I'm not doing this for anybody else. I'm doing this for me so I can beat you again and again and again!" Summer yelled before she signed her name onto the contract.

I smirked before I held my mic to my mouth. "In your dreams, Summer. I will beat you fair and square because you know you can't stand a chance against me, since you either tapped out or ran away when facing me. You think you can take me on only because you have Dean to sleep with. Whatever. I'll make sure you lose at Main Event. You can Bank on that." I said before I got the pen and signed my name onto the contract.

After we finished signing, Summer turned to leave, but I pushed her out and she went over the top rope and landed hard. Dean immediately went to her to check on her. "You see this, everybody?!" I shouted to tell WWE Universe. The crowd went wild. "This is exactly what I'll do to her! See you at Main Event, bitch." I said.

I looked at Dean and smirked as Seth wrapped his arms around my waist and rested his chin on my shoulder, looking at a glaring Dean. I turned my head and met his lips. He responded as the crowd cheered. When we pulled away, Dean was fuming. He ran into the ring and charged at Seth, but Goldust and Triple H held him back as best as they could.

"Aww. What's wrong? Is the Lunatic Fringe jealous? Jealous of a man as hunky as The Architect?"" I mocked him. He glared at me as I laughed before tossing the microphone. Seth wrapped an arm around me as Dean was escorted out of the ring in a not-so-happy mood. Seth raised my arm as did Charlotte. I looked at my sister and Roman before smirking at them and they got on the ropes and pointed towards me as the crowd chanted my ring name.