Chapter 29: Is This Really Happening?

Jon's P.O.V.

I paced back and forth in the locker room, trying to keep my mind wrapped up. I was going to do the one thing I never thought I would do. I love Vivian and I want to show it to everybody by doing the one thing I have been wanting to do for these past four years together with her. The haters may come out of hiding, but I don't care. She's the only girl I want in my love life.

I talked with Stephanie, Triple H, and Kurt about it and they accepted my request. Nobody knew about this. Not even Joe and Colby. I didn't want to spoil it. I wanted to give not only the WWE Universe and Vivian the surprise of their life, but I wanted her to know how much I really wanted to be with her.

I heard a knock on the door. I opened it to see Paul there. "You ready for this?" he asked. I nodded and sighed. "I'm so nervous. I can't believe I'm doing this." I said. He placed a hand on my shoulder. "You go out there. Show everyone how you truly feel. Show your girl how much you love her. I am willing to accept that. I give you my blessing."

Paul has always been like a father figure to Vivian. She never really had a male figure to look up to while growing up. She's even told me that when he helped her get her job, he helped her every step of the way. He took her under his wing and helped make her who she is. He's not only her mentor, and he may not be by blood, but he is definitely her father.

I nodded before I walked away, going to the curtain. When I got there, the tech team saw me and played my theme song. I could feel the vibration of the crowd going insane. I walked out and the fans cheered. I walked down the ramp and got inside the ring. I asked for a microphone and was handed one.

"First of all, I'm out here because I have something to say. But, before we get to it, I would like to ask for my beautiful girlfriend, Tanya Banks to come out here. So, come on out, Babe." I said, looking at the ramp. The crowd was in murmurs while I waited for her.

Her theme played and she walked out. She was wearing a simple purple tank top, black jeggings, and a pair of brown boots. Her hair was natural and she looked the way she's always been. Perfect and extremely beautiful.

Vivian walked down the ramp with a smile, but I could see the confusion on her face. She walked up the steel steps as I sat on the middle rope, making an opening for her. She smiled and got in. She hugged me before giving me a kiss, making the crowd cheer. I went and got her a microphone, handing it to her.

"Babe. I've been wanting to do this for a while now. I figured this would be the perfect time. You're the only girl I have ever loved. You're my best friend, my rock, the only one that makes me want to get up every morning. I love you so much. There isn't a thing in this world that would make me not love you. Ever since I met you, I felt things I never felt before. Normally, I wouldn't do this, but I figured I want to show everybody how much I care about you. You're my queen. We may have had our ups and downs, but we still managed to get through them. That's why I want to ask you something." he told me.

"No way! Is this really happening?!" Michael asked. "I believe it is, Cole!" JBL added.

I got down on one knee, making the crowd go insane. I pulled out a velvet box. She gasped as I opened it, revealing a beautiful diamond ring. "Vivian Maria Varnado, will you marry me?" I asked. She instantly nodded my head.

"This is amazing!" Jerry said. "Lunatic Boss is stronger than ever!" Michael said.

  "Oh, my gosh! Yes! Yes! Yes!" she said. I smiled before I got up and placed the ring on her finger. I picked me up and spun her around, the both of us laughing. I set her down and showered her face with kisses, the crowd cheering louder than ever.

I kissed her and we hugged tightly as my theme played. We pulled away and raised each other's arms. I sat on the second rope, making an opening for Vivian. She went through and I  jumped from the apron. I helped her get down and she jumped on my back. We laughed as we walked up the ramp.

Once we got backstage, the entire roster was there clapping for us. The girls all engulfed Vivian in hugs, even the heels. The guys were giving me hugs and Jon pats on the shoulder. I saw Joe and Colby walked up to us and we all group hugged. "Congrats, you two!" Colby told us. "This is awesome!" Joe said.

We stayed at the arena hanging our with our friends, celebrating our engagement until the show was over.