Chapter 4, Can I Come In?

I'm embarrassed when Icarus immediately pulls away from me. Covering my nakedness with my arms, my breath is shaking and my eyes are wide as I sit up and get the dress back on. The gold necklace, ring, all hidden once again as I spring to my feet breathless. Hair a mess, neck red and starting to mark from his kisses, I want to touch him again, want him near me again but his back is tense, hands on his hips, as he looks to the wall opposite - away from me.

"Icarus..." my voice is gentle, hesitant. I'm scared as I move slowly towards him.

"I-I have to go." His tears are clear as he rushes to the bedroom door that is closed. Flinging it open, his hurt stature consumes ideally after seeing the gold ring. He knows what he represents, he knows what it'll mean to me, and he knows what it involuntarily means of us. "I won't come back anymore, I won't-"

"Icarus, please wait," I call out, chasing him out as the dress is still loosened around me. I don't want him leaving like this, it should never have ended like this. I don't want to keep crying but I can't help the tears that resurface when I come to the entry of the door, passing the kitchen and brightened hallway. "Please let's not talk this out and maybe-"

"Do you not realize what just happened? That happened from 'just talking'!" Icarus snaps, shoving away from me when I try to grab at his shoulder for a stop.

Breathless, his hurt eyes catch mine and I'm walking backwards. I awkwardly side-glance towards his best friend who holds bags in his hands as he freezing by the stairs, not knowing whether he should come down completely. My voice is gentler as time goes, "Icarus, calm down, le-"

"I can't calm down! I can't when knowing that I'm so close to losing you, and I'm unable to do anything about it! You've given me no choice but to forget you? Forget all that we made for ourselves? Made of each other?"

[ YOONGI'S P.O.V.]

My finger closes to ring the doorbell but I hear a stumbling of footsteps near the door. My bored, lazy, and uncaring expression tenses as I whack my hand away and face the circumstances by the opposite side of the door.

"Icarus, calm down le-" I hear you. I hear a name I'm unfamiliar with. My brows furrow.

"I can't calm down!" Now, I hear a man's deep voice. He sounds hurting, angry, and pained. My brows unknit, and my eyes are saucers when I hear the rest of his distraught. "I can't when knowing that I'm so close to losing you, and I'm unable to do anything about it! You've given me no choice but to forget you? Forget all that we made for ourselves? Made of each other?"

My eyes are so wide, I'm surprised the balls haven't popped out of my skull. Glancing at the ironic reality I face, I stare at my presence in front of your door, the flowers in my hand, and the distance of the hallway I have left to run. Panicked, the fact that the boyfriend you told me about just yesterday is just a door away from meeting, the need to gas-up and diarrhea in my jeans is strong.

I dramatically slap my glasses away from my eyes, sucking the mask at my mouth hard, I'm having trouble breathing now. "Shit shit shit shit," I'm cursing. I still hear yelling, crying, and screams of pain muffled and the entire time you're with your boyfriend, I'm in the hallway like a scared mouse trying to break away from a sticky trap.

"I love you, okay?" The man named Icarus screams.

I scream a little myself, with my mouth closed and my eyes still wide. Running and staring at the flowers I hold like an idiot, I swear with scolds to myself, "Why bring flowers? Why Yoongi, you moron! Where are you to hide the fucking thing now?" Hunching and trying to put the bouquet into my hoodie pocket but failing, I stare at the doors to other apartments in the hallway.

"I love you too." That's you. I hear it and my nose scrunches. There's a pain at my heart from hearing those words, but most important is how sad you sound. I feel like I'm a barrier preventing a love and I swear again, "Flowers? Why the flowers? You try to be nice and it fails on you, of course. What to do with the fucking flowers!" I softly yell to myself.

There is more muffled yelling that starts to soften. So I don't hear the conversation as I'm busy with my own issues. Moving to run towards an apartment near, I ring the doorbell. I ring it fast and loudly. A woman, a woman barely dressed answers the door and my eyes widen further, my cheeks flushing when noticing her robe struggling to close.

She's beautiful. But I'm too scared of my situation to really understand anything. Nor do I watch her check the flowers out, her face rarely looking to mine to recognize, as her eyes brighten. "Wah~ don't tell me he's found me! How would he know I'm staying at Tea's instead of the hotel?"

My eyes narrow, but I give in to the lie as I outstretch the flowers to her chest. Covering her exposed-self with the bouquet so my eyes don't get distracted. I'm barely looking at her face well, my perverted gazes mostly just on her body. "Y-Yes, yes, this is from...him." I have no idea who 'him' is but I go with the flow of things.

My eyes keep staring to the hallway.
I'm looking to focus on when Icarus leaves your apartment,
and when it's safe from me to enter,
no longer stand in front of a stranger.

The stranger takes the flowers, smelling them and blushing to herself. It is only then when I notice that she has showered, hence the lack of clothing so abruptly showcased. I clear my throat, bow, and barely look at her as I say, "Free of charge! He's paid for it all!"

"Oh, I-"

My eyes stare to the door that is slammed open.
I see a man's back leave, I don't see his face.
Then I see another man, a saddened figure that holds bags - awkwardly following.

You don't leave the apartment.
I wonder if you're frozen in and crying...

My throat clogs, I swallow hard staring at the two men turn the corner.

"Is everything alright?" the woman in front of me asks.

I stare over at her. "What?" I put my glasses back on quickly, nodding violently before stepping away. "Yes, yes, enjoy your flowers." I see her smile, I look back at the door I need to be in front of then, I do the douchiest thing and change my plans. I snatch the flowers from the stranger's hands causing her to gasp. "Oh sorry," I pop,voice high, "Wrong apartment! Wow, how weird of me, uh, thanks for holding these for me!" I run away.

"Wha-" I shut the woman's confused questioning up, not seeing her stare after me before she slowly gave up in trying to get my attention. Huffing in an annoyed breath, the stranger closed her door and let me be a sweating, reddening buffoon - back in front of your apartment I stand before.

I wait a long while.
I wait a long while before getting brave enough to ring the doorbell.

When I do, you're faster than expected as your crying eyes meet mine immediately.

"Ica-" you think it's another.

I swallow hard, trying to act oblivious but failing when I see how hurt you look when noticing that it's me. "Yoongi," I softly say, "Min Yoongi."

You stare to the flowers in my hands. There is genuine confusion at your wet eyes. "Are those..." you trail away, awkward and adorable when facing me now. I smile a little, nodding before attempting to give you the flowers that have a few petals missing from the adventure I just faced.

"For you." I say this while outstretching the bouquet. Licking over my lip, my eyes dance over the white dress you loosely wear, my eyes move to your neck that sucks in and I see what he's done to you. I don't know how to react, all I can function in speaking out is: "Can I come in?"