Chapter 14, Seoul, Here We Come!

[ YOONGI'S P.O.V. ]

Icarus left the apartment crying and angry.

"You can't just do that! You can't tell me we'll be okay one day and then bring him-" I remember him pointing at me, "-today and tell me everything that happened yesterday was a lie!"

"Icarus, please understand me-" you hiccup. I watched silent and awkward by the kitchen counter.

"No," he said angry, "I've heard enough of your bullshit."

And with that, he left. He left, glaring over at me before he did. The look in the man's eyes looked like he could kill. I remember how I gave him a pitied smile, one he didn't receive well; slamming the door behind him.

You jumped. Cried with shakes.

I pursed my lips, moved my hand out from my own I held. With a slow transition, I took my time and patience in approaching you after everything that happened. You did it. You broke up with Icarus, for the final time; for what your tears and his anger claimed now at least.

Stretching my sweaty palm out, I hesitantly came behind you.
My hand went to your shoulder with a slight squeeze—even comforting you being awkward for me.

I didn't say anything, letting you cry harder the minute I touched you.

I knew my fingers probably felt foreign, my presence foreign, and my grips to soothe foreign; but I knew from the way you sniffled, whimpered my name and turned with an embrace that attacked me – my foreign ; wasn't a bad thing.

I blinked, my lips parted, and I didn't know where to put my hands as you clung on to me, hugging me for the first time ever. Your cheek at my neck, your hands around my hips. You squeezed tight.

"H-He's gone, he's-" You couldn't even finish yourself, my eyes softened.

Even though I didn't understand your pain, I could feel it in this moment. But no matter what, I still had my hands awkward at my sides, unable to hug you back.

"It'll be okay." That was the best I could say.

As a response, your clinging arms travelled up my body and to my shoulders. Your toes rose in your heels and you leaned entirely on me. I stumbled back a bit, holding my ground and accepting your lips now at my shoulder.

Through your tight hug, you whimpered and smudged your red lipstick messily at my collarbone; a little red painting my pale skin, while a little glazed over my freshly white tee.

You marked me,
You didn't let me go.

I sighed into your hair that blocked my mouth.

"It'll be okay," I repeated, meaning it this time.

"Will it really?" My stomach gut at the sound of your voice. In all the times I saw you crying, this ran first in line for most effective. I now understood why you didn't break up with Icarus, why you kept going back...this weakness right here is something you didn't like.

"Yes," I say by the top of your head, "You'll be fine."

You nod shakily, sealing your eyes and clutching my neck within your arms like a boa around its prey. I don't stop you. I don't move you.

Eventually, my arms that move up and down in hesitation find their spot. The best I complete is on of my hands resting at the middle of your back. Barely hugging, but not not hugging.

I show what I can.
I comfort you the most I can.

"Thank you." That was one whimper I last remembered from you. 

.

"Thank you."

I blink away from my thoughts, staring over at you moaning with every toss you do for the luggage on an airport's belt.

"Huh?" I breathe out gently, holding the boarding passes in my hand with my mask suited well. I try to hide from faces around me as I stand in front of you – blindsided.

"Thank you for helping me," you sarcastically point out, rolling your shoulders as you get the last of all our luggage to be weighed over.

"Y-Yeah," I say awkward, swallowing hard and hating my constant zoning out the more around you. "I uh, thanks." I purse my lips, smile tightly over at you forgetting my mask hiding it all.

With a furrow of your brows, and a hand to your hip, you whisper, "You alright?"

Nodding more than necessary, I point towards the gate when cleared. Grabbing my own luggage and giving a pathway for you to follow, I pass your ticket over. You stare at it, smiling before looking over at mine and gasping, "How are you in first class and I'm all the way at the back of the fucki-"

I wave you a 'goodbye', disappearing towards lines of security as you're stopped at the gate to have your ticket checked. Hearing the soft annoyance, you play out, I hear you cursing and questioning me when catching up, but I don't say anything.

I travel away in my thoughts, once again.

Seoul, here we come! My mind panickily whimpers internally. Then I sigh, shut my eyes, and think to a second, more obvious reality creeping up on my list. Bangtan, here I come! I'm married now. How am I going to tell them?

[ YOONGI'S P.O.V. END ]