Chapter 33, speed-round-date-marriage-thingy

[ UNEDITED ]

Yoongi's going to be coming?" I ask softly, my teeth moving to pinch at my painted lip.

Nanami glances at me, invites the guests inside the house. Many come with gifts. Many come with food and bottles of alcohol. It's stranger after stranger.

I stand beside Nanami and her friend. Smiling sweetly at all eyes that seems to, one: roam my body in lust, while two: roam my everything in awe. I feel like a center-piece at such a casual gathering—out of place. I wonder why Nanami bought me an extravagant two-piece. Making me feel over-dressed.

My hair in a low bun. Spare strands waved, falling light on my shoulders and collarbones that are bare. The top of my dress hugs my breasts, over-the-shoulder neckline. Black in an ambry design with white, above my ribcage. Long sleeves, tight. It frames the skin under my chest, creating a triangle to expose the higher part of my stomach. My belly button hides from the second piece, a long black silk. Skirt with a slit, and shear fabrics to showcase the curves of my legs every time I move. My face dances in a natural cover, with a lipstick dulled-dark-pastel.

I understand why people keep staring.

Nanami moves in her jumpsuit. Make-up bold, her hair is long and in ringlets. She smirks, nodding. "He's coming," she honestly says, "And he's probably going to want to talk to you...you understand that, don't you?"

I swallow hard. Nodding, I whisper, "I understand he'll want to, but I won'—" She interrupts me, rolling her eyes. She says, "Yes you will. You'll be in his arms before the sun can rise the next morning." I'm offended, I say, "I'm not some easy..." When Nanami questions me with her eyes, I stand my ground saying, "I'm not. He's not going to just stroll in here and win me back. That's something we're not doing."

Then she asks me this. "Do you miss him?"

I blink. Nanami smiles and asks, "If you do, will you agree to a special surprise I've got for the two of you?"

I feel sick. "What are you planning?"

I watch as Nanami purses her lips from smiling.

[ YOONGI'S P.O.V. ]

I watch as Nanami purses her lips from smiling.

Sighing, I'm skeptical while in the dorm alone. "Maybe I shouldn't—" I stop trying to talk myself out of the party, seeing how Nanami gives me a death glare from across my phone's screen. We FaceTime.

"Get your ass over here," she grumbles, "I'm tried of sneaking up in rooms to call you alone." I apologize, and she waves me off, saying, "Just remember to bring what you bought for her. Don't you dare forget it."

"What're you planning?" I ask.

I pull my necklace ring out in the open. I let it dangle on my chest, over the white shirt latching to my tense muscles. My jeans are ripped and blue, my jacket is a darker shade of murky green. The hair on my head is brown, black and close to how I've been since birth—it's now styled, messy and screaming to be pulled at.

"Is the surprise some date? You going to leave us alone together? Trap us in a room? What is it?" My palms are sweating as I move around uneasy, gathering the bought item into my grasp. "I've been killing my brain trying to figure it out."

"Just come over and be surprised the same as her."

"She agreed to being surprised?" I nibble on my bottom lip, moving outside to feel air hit. My car is waiting. I step in, fix my jacket, and nod my head at the driver to start moving. She does, professionally allowing my conversations with Nanami to continue. "I would've never thought she'd agree—"