Chapter 28, I Slept With Terin

[ JUNGKOOK'S P.O.V. ]

Confusing. Confusing morning.

I woke up, showered, brushed my teeth, got dressed, and bumped into a partially-naked woman when I came out into the hallway. Blushing, it wasn't a surprise Terin living in the same space wasn't an engraved memory in my mind yet. I swallowed my embarrassment, skipped around her, bowed in apology and walked to the kitchen where everyone slowly started to crowd.

I saw Yeri in the kitchen with Hoseok. The boy was eating, sleepy still, and it was a shock to see him awake so early. Grinning large, I skipped childishly over to the little boy. Dancing my way over, as I leaned in for a high-five, I got nothing. Brows furrowing, I asked, "Yeri-ah, where's my morning high five?" Then I tried to hold him, and he'd wiggle, whine and almost cry. That scared me, so I let him go and took a few steps back. The worst of my confusion worked when Jimin came into the kitchen and the child willingly jumped into the idol's arms.

Yeri was going to be staying back with Terin since we were going out for practice and rehearsal. As we got to the door, Hoseok said, "No no, I wouldn't want to trouble you." Then Terin, with a beautiful smile, said, "It's no trouble at all. You've got a gorgeous son." And I looked down at Yeri who shook his head. The boy wiggled, whined, and didn't want to stay behind. So, I got down to my knees that afternoon, brought Yeri into my arms even if he struggled to get out, and went, "He's coming with us to practice today!" The fact that Yeri instantly relaxed over my words, worried me. I side-glanced to Terin weirdly.

It was a hard first few hours. We were all working harder than hard, getting spot-on ready for the date of departure. Our tour was coming up after months of ups and downs. Time was here to finally break out of the drama and face good performances and music for the fans. In that mindset, I worked hard, I sweat profusely, and I had my tense muscles hit each beat that consisted of me. Occasionally, from the corner of my eye, I saw Yeri smiling and having fun. It was relieving to see, but an inch of worry graced my thoughts more. When I got a break, I scooted over to the boy who Hoseok fed and asked, "Yeri-ah, you having fun?" He smiled, nodded, and said, "Thank you for not leaving me."

When we got home it was dark outside. Yeri was sleepy and cuddled in Jin's arms. Everyone exhausted, the leader was missing from the vehicle, attending to his own family that broke out for needing him. Without Namjoon or Yoongi, Jin and Hoseok took best control—while us, the maknae-line, didn't care to bother—to tired to joke around.

Yeri stirred, waking up when we got inside. Once sleepy now suddenly full awake. I eyed that switch hard, making sure to follow Jin's boots while entering. Collecting in the living room and meeting Terin who walked in for greetings, she whispered over to Hoseok, thanked everyone for allowing her to stay over. I smiled. I bowed. Hoseok and Jin went to go help with her bags while Yeri stayed behind in my arms.

"Yeri?" I had asked, brows knit over how serious the adorable face looked, watching his father leave with Terin. I tried again when both left, "Yeri, what's wrong?" "Where is Daddy going?" he asked, and I said, "To drop your Auntie to the hotel." Yeri snuggled into the loose fabric of my hoodie and I softened, "Don't worry, he'll be back soon."

Before I could even blink, the boy stared up at me and whispered, "I...?"

Unclear I was. I asked, "Yes?"

Then he said words that glorified the worry within the pits of my stomach.

Yeri whispered in question, "Can I tell you something?"

[ JUNGKOOK'S P.O.V. END ]

Yoongi whispers in question, "Can I tell you something?"