Chapter 13, Gross

"Why did you dress up for this?"

I look over at Yoongi who stares down at my full-body jumpsuit, my heels, and my hair and makeup that perfectly sparkle with confidence. There isn't much on my eyes however, so I place lipstick, knowing I'll be sad and possibly cry horrendously.

"I thought of it as a breakup, not a date night." Yoongi mumbles, agitated as he tries to nap in the driver's seat once again. I wake him up with a light shove, having done that a few times this entire day driving around with him.

"It's not for Icarus, I'm not trying to impress any man," I mumble, knee bouncing slow, "I got dressed up hoping I'd feel more confident. Just basic psychology, my friend."

"Well get ready softer, I'm trying to nap." Yoongi grumbles, shifting to lay like a child in the constricting seat.

"Can you please stay up and talk to me?"

"Why?" he whines, "You're doing your makeup! So just do it quietly."

"The more you talk to me the less I'm in my own head, please?" I softly beg, feeling a gut full of jelly for what I was about to do today.

For the hundredth time, I was going to break Icarus's heart. Feeling like a repetitive monster ate at me, but I knew I had no choice but to continue. I had to finish this, once and for all...and for some reason, having Yoongi here and present as I did it, didn't seem so bad. His grumpy, blunt, and honest exterior motivates me to be self-less in this moment – if that makes any sense, I don't know.

"Fine."

"Thank you."

Yoongi nods, sleepily squinting his eyes open. "What shade of lipstick is that?"

I smile, looking at the car's mirror above me. "Well it's actual a darker version of a scarlet red. I was second-guessing myself from buying it, not knowing if I'd pull it off but I-" Glancing over at the man by the wheel of his car, I huff in an annoyed breath when seeing his head leaning onto the car's window, drifting back to sleep.

Moving in his bubble, I allow the car's horn to honk loudly as I fiercely tap at it. Yoongi slaps up, grabbing my wrist and throwing my hand away from him in fear.

"Fuck man," he moans out, heart probably beating fast at his chest as he looks to me bewildered.

"I'm sorry, did I wake you?" I ask innocently, my eyes angry.

"Yeah, you did," he tiredly mumbles, "Here I came so nice and sweet, offering to help you and you treat me like some peasant."

"Welcome to the world of being married to me," I flutter my eyelashes and take his belt off, "Now come, we should head up."

"Do I have to come?"

I stare over at him in disbelief, "You promi-"

"Yeah yeah," he mumbles, opening his door, "I'll come let's go."

As I close the door behind me and stand before my apartment complex again, Yoongi circles the car and with tired eyes, greets me. I purse my lips, scared and not wanting to suddenly move. But with the nudge of his head, the man with his white shirt, dark jeans and cozy cardigan moves up the stoned stairs; leaving me behind.

"Yoongi, wait," I breathlessly call out, hoping in my heels and trying not to suddenly trip as I follow him up.

Yoongi doesn't wait, nor does he open the door for me as I finally reach the entrance. Almost walking face-first, I glare over at his expression that smirks close by the elevator he gets to. I'm a low-blow, a rushing mess, but he's a gentleman when it comes to keeping the elevator doors open long enough for me to trip over in. As I do, Yoongi laughs at my neck, holds my waist from falling and twirls me slow to the opposite side of the small space.