Chapter 15, Jin Knows

[ UNEDITED ]

2 WEEKS LATER

[ YOONGI'S P.O.V. ]

I still haven't told any of them. I've been back for 2 weeks, no words on you or marriage have left my mysterious tongue. Each of them have questioned me, looked at me weird, and worried over my disappearances often—each boy never daring to ask, and I'm too cowardly to speak. It's been 2 weeks, many work days, and I, Min Yoongi, have not told a soul about being a married man.

I visit you in your new condo repeatedly, helping you set up and decorate the best I can. It is awkward, we rarely talk, but when we do, I make you smile. Never did I think I'd get to a point where you'd be smiling at me instead of staring down to the grounds in fear for the future—civil.

But right now, away from you, away from most members, I follow one. I follow his path, his feet, and know where he must be. Seok Jin had announced leaving earlier, "I'll be back. I'm going to use the washroom," he had said—there was a look of sadness as he said so, seeing through my pale and straight-mouthed face.

Jin has been the only one who lately, has been treating me different than the others. The others have been eyeing me like an abused puppy, while Jin, Jin's been glancing over in reassurance and understanding for something he doesn't know yet. I wish to tell him now, I want to tell at least one person before I explode.

Just getting finished performing for a music stage, I'm not here. When I enter the bathroom of the large backstage, I hear no one; most stalls empty. My feet creep towards the wall behind the urinal and I unzip, as I stand and pee I swear I hear a woman giggle, but I don't question it.

Lazily letting my stream flow, I glance at the one stall that is shut. "Jin hyung?" I hum, "You still in here?"

There's no sound for a moment before a hesitant, "Y-Yeah, Yoongi-ah." I nod to no one when hearing Jin. The man continues, "Just got a stomach ache so I'm seeing how this goes. I'll say hi to my turds for you." I can sense Jin wants me to laugh, but I don't.

"Okay."

Jin is quiet again, I assume he's focusing on...other things. Distracted, my stream nears an end as I ask, "You in here alone?"

"Yes, Yes!"
Jin's claim sounds suspicious.

About to open my mouth to speak, I try not to jolt when hearing a huge thud come from the door of Jin's stall. About to ask if he's alright, Jin shouts, "Damn! There's no tissue paper!" Then he slams the door again and I don't react this time.

I zip up, drag my feet to the counter, and turn at the taps. Water hits my hands as I lather with soap and wash myself. "I'll pass you some, I guess. Wait."

The water is too loud for me to overhear the whispers of a woman with Jin. I pay no attention, stubborn and lost in my own mind and thoughts—even with water present, my palms are starting to sweat. I can't believe what I'm about to do.

"Why ask if I was alone? Everything alright?" Jin asks.

The water stops.

I walk, coming closer to the stall. "Yes, I uh..." Where to begin, I'm hesitant. I can sense Jin's curiousity from past the stall, and the fact that I can't see the older man's face brings me slight strength.

"I wanted to talk to you about something," I say softly, breathless and almost...scared?

-

There was still obvious weight at my shoulders. Finished with the performance, finished with telling Jin the entire truth to my silence...I felt a little lighter—just a little. Although awkward and uncomfortable the discussions were, Jin was an older brother to me. He managed to take the role of a real one as he gave me advice, told me 'thanks for telling' him and wished to hug me; but neither of us moved, him in his stall, and me outside of it. Instead, he listened to me vent, panic, and come to terms with how real this was.