Chapter 35, First Love

(A.N. sexual imagery mid-end(ish) of chapter)
(A/N: It's the final chapter. The series complete. It's been a journey and I thank all that came along with me for it. Thanks for reading, supporting. Enjoy the finale!)

-

«A promise overdue, an arranged marriage in set. He kisses me now and means it. I kiss him now and mean it. Looks like we'll be doing that for the rest of our lives now»

-

1 year later.

I watch my knee poke from under the soapy water. Rubbing my softness under the white that hides my nakedness, my hair is tied back, strands soaking in small swivels by the back of my neck. I play more. The water moves in small peaceful waves. When my knees both submerge, I rest my cheek in the direction of one. Hugging myself in bubbly warmth.

"Did they leave more voicemails?" I ask gentle.

Yoongi sits on the ground by me. He glances over at my body in the tub behind, straining his neck. I scrunch my nose cutely when he looks, he smiles, nods, then looks back at his laptop he works on.

I bathe. He edits the final draft of my book, working. We're next to each other. I'm wet and naked, he's dry and clothed.

"Yeah, I heard new ones this morning," he mumbles, reading once more.

I don't bother him. He's focused. I watch him edit.

When Yoongi finishes a page, I let my wet hand move to stroke his hair. He curses and tries to flinch away, but I whine and move in the water. Weightless. My soapy arms hug around his grey-logoed hoodie, darkening the fabric. My nipples press against his back. Yoongi goes back to work, unfazed.

"Are they still asking to meet?" I whisper by Yoongi's ear.

"They've been wanting to for the past month."

"Maybe we should call them back."

"Are you ready for that?" he asks. I say, "If you are."

His fingers move off the keyboard of his laptop. He pats my wet arm making it clap. With a lean on my shoulder, Yoongi doesn't fear being wet. He uses my collarbone as a pillow for his hair that starts to frizz. Untouched, ungroomed.

"I'm ready to meet our parents again," he answers me, smiling, "But only if we stand our ground with conditions set. They're sorry and willing to listen...but that doesn't mean we go easy on them. Understood?"

I smirk, "Why on Earth would I argue against that?"

"We won't have trouble keeping our ground any longer," he says. "I couldn't have said it better myself," I say. We both smile at each other. He nudges his head into my shoulder, before going back to facing his screen.

Yoongi's sweats wrinkle as he bends his knees, pulling the screen closer for me to view. When I do, I read out the next page for him. We catch errors together.

Another page complete, I sigh and rest my chin on his shoulder. "How're your members? Is it difficult for them to adjust without you at the dorm?"

"They're surviving, they've got their own relationships to deal with," Yoongi waves me off. "They're happier than ever."

"I hope it stays that way."

"The heats off BangPD and the label...Ever since the tour gave in to be a success, the once chaotic world around us banished for a peaceful one." He's dramatic with his words. I kiss his cheek and snuggle for a back hug.