Chapter 10, Wedding Day

[ UNEDITED ]

I feel like a princess.

My smile is brighter than my face that glows, my dress that twirls, and the flower crown that pushes out freshening scents; waking me to life. I'm dressed, ready for the alter, yet, I sit next to a man in a car, instead.

He stops and parks, grinning at me while I smile back. "What're we doing? Why're we stopping?" I ask.

"The honeymoon can wait, I want to see you once more...away from all those people we just ditched." His teeth are white, his lips curving into a charming smile. Everything about his blue eyes are mischievous, as Icarus jumps out from his seat.

I'm laughing. My chest is jumping with happiness, more from earlier when I married the beautiful man. "'All those people'? You mean our family?"

Icarus waves at me, ushering me to come outside to him. The wind is cold, the sky is dark, but I do as he says - playfulness grows in my glittery eyes as well. "Only for a little while, okay, we really need to reach the cabin our parents have arranged for us, I-" I giggle, squeaking when the man's tux wrinkles from attempts of carrying me.

Holding him with an embrace, the masking of his cologne hits my nostrils and I snuggle to his neck. His fingers dig teasingly to my side but I only hide further, hearing the rumbles of Icarus's chest as he speaks, "Your parents can wait...and besides, we're on our own now. Just you and me, forever. It's time for them to leave the equation."

I smile, my chin resting on the man's shoulder. Eyeing down the dark sky, the greying clouds, and the gravel that hits the bottom of my heels, the sigh that leaves me is content. The muscles in my chin relax, my cheek lies onto his shoulder. "You and me..."

"Just us," Icarus smiles, his lips disappearing under the branched-crown he offered me as a cute present. "I like the sound of that..."

I laugh. "I get to call you my husband now."

He laughs, the rumble is felt at my breasts against him. "And I get to call you my wife."

"How heteronormative," I pipe, teasing before moving to kiss the man of my dreams.

As I do, his lips are full and sweet. I feel him smile from the ways I tilt my head, the gloss from my painted lips creating a messy state for him to keep up towards. But he does it. Icarus kisses me in the most gentle ways.

"I love you." I sigh, nuzzling my nose to his as I arch back. I want to open my eyes and see him, but I don't, not yet. I simply breathe and try to catch all the air that he's created a loss for.

"But I don't love you." The man before me says.

My brows knit, my eyes flutter open, and the mascara at my perfect eyes starts to rain down in tears almost instantly when realizing who I hold. Arms sliding away from this man's smaller frame, I whimper and push myself away from him fast. This man's eyes aren't blue, his skin isn't dark, and his lips aren't full. He doesn't smile at me, he doesn't play around with me...he isn't sweet to me.

Min Yoongi.

"What're you doing here? Where's Icarus?" My eyes well with tears.

Yoongi smirks. His eyes are tired, his teeth are dark.

I'm having a nightmare.
He's the nightmare.

"Wake up,"
My brows knit deep as he yells this into the night.