Chapter 18, Another Week of Betrayal

Wednesday

I don't know how to feel other than confusion. Not thinking of anything suspicious, I wait for Min Yoongi to bumble out an answer to my question. He looks alarmed at first, temperamental? Scared? Confused similar to me? I'm not quite sure, so I wait for him.

He delivers. Clearing his throat, smiling nervous, he goes, "I must've left it at the building when I was doing costume changes. I'm sorry."

I nod. I believe him. There is no reason for me to not believe him. He's been trustworthy and serious thus far, he's helped me heal in small ways from the heartbreak, heartbreak with Icarus—the love of my life...I believe Yoongi easy, fast, and with a smiling nod.

"Just make sure not to lose it now," I laugh, pushing the brush in his direction as a mocking threat.

I don't notice the softened discomfort at his eyes. I don't notice I don't notice.

Friday

I felt my heart racing when he left on Wednesday. Yoongi helped me decorate the guest room, we laughed, we teased, we made an environment for one another that was easing and comforting.

He left and when I closed the door behind him, I smiled like a school girl—twirling the chain and ring in my hand as I shyly glanced to my naked feet.

The fluttering didn't stop when he came over a second time. Thursday. The remaining boxes over and done with, he helped me. I laughed at him, a stick-figure he was, carrying the hard and heavy boxes. So I stayed behind him. I stayed protecting just in case he fell to the ground.

He stayed 'til midnight that day, similar to tonight.

Right now, this Friday. Min Yoongi sits beside me on the L-shaped couch and we talk. We talk about my book, I whisper and blush over listening to his music and liking it, while he smirks and taps my nose with his finger.

Just with that, I bite back a smile. I know I don't like him deeply and so fast, but I like the way I feel happy when around his presence. Min Yoongi is the only one I know in Seoul, and he says, "I'll take you out for a tour one day."

I snort, "Will that be after or before the building tour you promised yesterday?"

With red cheeks, the boy nervously smiles and I clap my hand to his forearm and leave it there.

I'm slowly getting used to touching him, and being touched by him.

Monday

We have wifi in the condo, finally. It's proper, it's set, and Yoongi pulled through for his promise. I didn't see much of him on the weekend and now today, Monday.

I wonder where he is. The fact that I'm concerned and curious about his whereabouts already scares me.

Tuesday

Yoongi: I'll be seeing you soon. Issues with Namjoon and the company have came up.

I furrow my brows, looking away from my laptop screen that doodled away research ideas for my next project.

Hand on letters to type, I smile light
and understand. I understand.

You: Do what you have to do, don't worry. Is he fine though?

The bubbles appear and I wait.

Yoongi: Don't know. He called in a meeting so I'll guess I'll find out soon.

You: Okay have fun, but be safe.

Yoongi: You're worried for my safety more often than usual, I see.