4. A Nightmare

Mads

Earlier that night...

I was on the verge of jumping out a fucking window. I was close to swinging my fist into every God-damn wall in this house.

I had yelled at her, during dinner in front of everyone. No wonder she was pissed at me. Not only did I embarass her and me, I did the one thing I'd promise not to do again, yell at her. I felt my body temperature rise as I heard our bedroom door slam shut. I felt my body drain of its anger once I came to my senses yet again realizes what I've done to fuck things up even more.

I rose from the dinning chair and stormed out after her. I needed to hug her, apologize, kiss her and make things better and I need to do it now.

Why should I apologize?

I understood that she was being stubborn, wanting to make our honeymoon meaningful but going to Denmark? Was she fucking insane?

Aalto would find her. I was already in the midst of hiring security for the estate because of tourist season. I'd be damned if I let someone in while Aalto had his contract out on her. I needed to tell her the truth but that would only cause her to relapse into her bad state of PTSD.

Her therapy was going well, her appointment with her doctor was in two days, speaking about her worries would help. Her nightmares were gone, no more screaming in the middle of the night due to the memories that haunted her. She did have episodes in which she blankly stared off, lost in thought or in a memory and she would only come back to the sound of my voice.

I needed to make sure she was alright, I needed to apologize and hold her tightly. She is my elsker after all.

"Madson!" Vincent called out.

I had one foot on the first step of the staircase. Reluctantly, I took a step back and looked at my brother with a glare.

"Leave her be, things will only get worse if you push her," he advises.

"Push her? I was going up to apologize."

He raised an eyebrow, his mouth agape from shock.

"You? Apologize? Damn, she has you whiped."

I glare at him further, grinding my molars to show some form of dominance.

"You don't apologize to Penelope after yelling at her?"

He chuckles. "That would require me to yell at her. I never scold my wife. Like you shouldn't scold yours."

He was giving me marriage advice? How many times has Penelope threatened to leave him? Isn't that why theu adopted Ben? To patch things up.

"You're giving ne marriage advice thats rich," I scoff.

"You're the one whose divorced," he counters.

My nostrils flare, annoyed as hell that he'd bring that up. A mistake that I'll never let down.

"Wait... your not divorced, now are you?"

The anger of my ancestors was only getting worse. My veins seemed to spark a fire, pure fury running through them.

"Shut your God-damn mouth. I'm changing that. Don't you dare say a fucking word-"