19. Broken Potpourri

Allison

It didn't take long for the day to go by considerably fast. After Mads had calmed me down in our room I decided to imerse myself into some form of productivity. I finalized the guest list and began looking at RSVP invites. Mads and I sat in bed and looked up flowers and decided on burgundy peonies and blush colored dahlias. After diving into research on wedding dresses on Pinterest for a good hour, Mads had dragged me down stairs for dinner.

With the twins being the first to arrive for dinner, I was swarmed with constant care and compliments. They were like cats in dire need of attention and I was their favorite.

"I want an important job, like holding the rings," Reed states as we collect in the dinning room.

Mads possessively has his arms wrapprd around my body, pulling me to our usual seat.

"You mean a ring bearer?" I ask.

"Yes! A title!" He says excitedly before looking at Christopher. "I told you I was important to them," he taunts.

Mads sits in his seat but instead of letting me go pulls me onto his lap.

"Aren't ring bearers supposed to be four-year-old boys in tiny tuxedos?" Christopher questions with a chuckle.

"Look at that, Reedus, you meet all the requirements," Mads jabs.

I couldn't help myself from throwing my head back in laughter.

"I'll have you know, my tuxedo is not tiny... its a little too big actually," Reed says as if coming to a conclusion. "We need to get our tuxes resized," he concludes pointing at his twin before sitting down.

Christopher rolls his eyes before turning to Mads and I. "Don't trust him with anything, especially the rings."

"You're right, Christopher, I think being a flower girl is more fitting for Reedus, don't you think?" Mads jabs again.

He was being his snarky self in an attempt to hide his annoyance of the twins's stares and whispering towards me. Even though I wasn't one for hurting the twins's feelings, Mads made me laugh instantly with his remarks.

"Can I still wear my tux?" Reed questions as if really considering the position.

Oh god! He really is considering it.

Christopher swats his brother on the back of the head making his hair fall out of place.

"Hey!" Reed whines and swats Christopher on the cheek.

"I hit your head not your face, you fucker!" Christopher says angrily pushing Reed out of his chair.

I giggle as they continue fighting, hitting eachother and pushing eachother. It was like two three-year-olds hitting eachothers arms.

"Their giving me a fucking headache already," Mads says rubbing his temples.

I knew the perfect way to get them to stop fighting. I smirk and ready my siren voice.

Christopher pushes Reed onto the floor for the fifth time. He is out of sight but I can tell their reaction is going to be priceless.