34. Only The Best

Mads

There is something hypnotic, absolutely mesmerizing about Allison.  No matter how much I try my eyes cannot leave her. Even now, laying on my side, my head propped by my palm leaning on my elbow. My eyes are glued to Allison as she lays down and watches a rerun of some reality TV show that follows police officers.

As someone who never watches TV or movies, I find it odd how she can watch this one show for hours on end. She mentions a few times that she has seen one episode or another but nevertheless she watches with wide eyes.

"Did you watch a lot of TV growing up?" I ask suddenly once a commercial break begins.

She doesn't look at me. She just stares off.

"Yea. It was kind of the only source of entertainment. That and books. I know you dont like TV," she giggles.

I smile and nod.

My hand begins to buzz, an odd tingling sensation and I know the only cure is to touch her. I run my hand across her stomach and run over it to her side. I run my hand up and down, I cant help but grow tense as the feeling of her ribs comes in contact with my fingertips. My hand runs down her smooth skin and finds its way to her hip. Sliding across her lower abdomen yet again.

"You okay?" She asks.

I nod. Silently, I let my hand roam up her stomach to the valley of her breasts. My palm is warm as it cups her cold cheek. My thumb runs across hee cheekbone. With a smirk I lean down and kiss her. Her lips are always so soft, the warm taste of her causes my taste buds to buzz in excitement. I hear her moan which causes my ears to perch like that of a dog being called. As I reluctantly pull away, she gives me a warm smile.

"You look tired, probably from all the work you just did," she giggles.

I smirk again, the feeling in my chest, warm and fuzzy, causes me to crumble. I lay on my back as if exhuasted but truly I am just basking in the reality that this is my life. Being able to take care of and protect the woman I love.

I hear Allison shift and so I raise my arm to allow her to shift close to me. Her head doesn't lay on my chest instead it is my abdomen. My hand relaxes on her head, running my fingers through her hair which just minutes ago she was brushing; something Allison does after sex, she calls it "tamming of the slut." I always scoff when she says that and then ask her not to call herself that.

My eyes follow her hair, down onto the bed, long and smooth. My body grows tense as the strands end and my eyes fall upon her back. The claw marks, the pain, the leftovers of her nightmares.

"Allison?" I say with a sigh. She mumbles.

"Do your legs ever hurt? Like after the dog... do you ever feel pain?" I ask although hesitent.

"Like the phantom pain?" She wonders.

I shake my head as if she can see.

"No. Like sharp pain from the muscle damage."

She moves her head against me, nodding.

"Yea but its small. I take my medicine when its really bad. Usually just the over-the-counter stuff when its not too bad. Why?"