41. Goodbye For Now

Mads

I had this feeling in my chest. It was hard to ignore. The feeling of impending doom. This was my last night with Allison before I left for the Island. Leaving her here on the mainland for her therapy was a hard decision to make. After hiring guards including Logan, and making arrangements with friends to keep an eye on her, I felt more at ease. Her father was losing his power and Josh was just a trust fund kid. Leaving her here was more beneficial, allowing her to be close to her doctor, a counselor, and her best friend, plus it would allow her to work on her separation anxiety.  Of course, I will call, visit on weekends, and video message her. Even with the stakes now being so low with Troy arrested, I still felt sick about it.

Allison had fun with Sara, I could tell they really hit it off. They even made plans for the upcoming week.

Now, over an hour after Sara and Malcolm had left, we stood in the master bathroom. Allison was in a silk blue robe, her hair up, and her eyes on her skin. She was rubbing moisturizer into the skin of her neck. She made a sound of relief. I looked like a disaster. My hair was a mess, shirtless with grey pajama bottoms. I looked... old.

I look at Allison, watch her move her hands across her skin.

I take a step closer to her than another.

"I feel like I'm the gazelle in an animal documentary and you're the lion," She says.

I shake my head. "Pretty sure it's the other way around."

"The gazelle stalking the lion?" She chuckles.

"No. You're the lioness. I'm falling for your trap, right now," He says with a sigh.

I wrap my arm around her waist and pull her closer to me.

"I'm not the one starving," she says.

I smile as I move my head down and capture her lips. Sweet, savory, addictive. The kiss isn't long but it isn't quick either. As we part I stare at her, specifically her eyes. She gently places a hand on my cheek. My arms are wrapped around her waist, I gently caress the small of her back. 

"Are you okay?" She asks.

"I'm great, just waiting for the inevitable disaster of leaving you here alone."

She rolls her eyes. "I'll be fine."

"Is that a joke? I mean..."

I release her and turn away. I don't want to have this conversation. I don't want to ruin our night and I don't want to upset her. 

I go to the seat that is on the edge of the jacuzzi and sigh as I sit down. I lean forward resting my elbows on my knees, my head falls into my hands. A headache is starting.

"You're still suffering from the PTSD of last time..." I say it with a sigh and begin to raise my head from my hands, waiting for whatever argument that is to follow.

"Yes, that's true," She says. 

She leans against the counter. It is now that I notice her robe is falling open more and more. 

"I didn't have armed guards last time," She says trying to make me feel better. 

"No, you were just around my entire family."

She walks to me, her robe now opened. I can see the black bralette and matching underwear that she wears. She maneuvers herself between my legs, placing her hands on my shoulders. 

"Nothing I say is going to make you feel better. Nothing I say is going to make you calmer. I want to stay here. I want to visit friends, go shopping, read in a cafe, and possibly bankrupt you with my addiction to books and leather-bound journals," She says with a wide smile. This made me chuckle.