Chapter V

ANNABETH P.O.V.

I woke up to a glaring in my eyes. I groaned and slowly opened my eyes, revealing that I was lying in the middle of the throne room of Olympus.

To the left of me there were many bodies covered in shrouds, which brought tears to my eyes.

On the right, huddled in a groups were the rest of the demigods, looking at me in shock.

I was confused for a moment for I was receiving stares from everyone, including the gods from their thrones, until it suddenly came rushing back to me. Realization hit me like a brick. I had died, and got to see Percy again, before somehow he sent me back to the land of the living and was lost to me forever.

I looked down, with tears welling in my eyes. I lost him, my Seaweed Brain, and I would never get to see him again.

"My Daughter?" I heard someone say. I looked up to see my mother had gotten off her throne and had walked over to me. I didn't answer I just jumped up and gave her a hug. I didn't care it this wasn't allowed, I just needed someone to comfort me. I was surprised though, when my mother hugged me back and comforted me. "Will you please tell me what happened?" she asked gently.

"He's gone. Perseus is gone for good this time. I saw him before he sent me back to the land of the living. I will never get to see him again, since he will never make it to the underworld. he literally faded from existence!" I cried, still letting the tears flow freely down my cheeks.

The next thing that happened surprised me even more. Poseidon got off his throne and came over to me.  He looked me in the eyes and I was shocked at what I saw. His eyes were empty, and brimming with tears. He looked many years older and was so sad that I could feel it radiating off him.

"I'm so sorry! My son meant the world to both of us," He said softly and engulfed me in a big hug. I hugged him back, needing someone to comfort me. We both felt the same way, and I wasn't sure if either of us would cope.

But I couldn't let my Seaweed Brain down. He gave me another chance for life and I will not abuse his gift. There is one thing though, that I will never be able to perform. I will never let go of him, and leave him in the dust. i will love him forever and never love anyone else, ever again. I will live my life but on my own, with my friends at my side.

"Heroes!" Zeus boomed over the crowd. The gods that were standing by their children went to sit on their thrones, and their remaining children at their feet. "I call forth Annabeth Chase, Nico DiAngelo, Hazel Levesque, Frank Zhang, Leo Valdez, Piper mclean, Jason Grace. Come forward to recieve  your gift!"

We look at each other warily, the gods barley ever give gifts. We walked towards the center of the throne room. As we walked I looked at the others. There was barley any damage on their bodies, much less than during the battle. Apollo must have done a good job fixing them up.

I on the other hand seemed to have been fixed by percy. I come back to life, with a flawless body, no scars and bruises and certainly no deadly gashes that killed me. Just the thought of Percy was bringing tears to my eyes.

We reached the middle of the throne room and kneeled before Zeus. "Heroes, for your efforts and bravery in the war, we, the gods are offering you al godhood! Will you all accept?" he boomed to the crowd. There were numerous amounts of gasps heard throughout the crowd.

I thought about if for a second. Even if I did die I would never be with him, because he had faded from extistence. I would never see him again, immortal or not. Then I thought about all of the plans I had, all the buildings I wanted to design, and finally, I came to my decision.

"I accept!" we all said at the same time. he nodded his head and we were all engulfed in a bright light.

After the light subsided, we were all in our 10 foot godly forms. The fates appeared to tell us our domains.

"Behold, the new gods and goddesses!" exclaimed the three fates in complete harmony.

"Annabeth Chase, goddess of heroes and sacrifices,"

"Nico DiAngelo, god of shadows and darkness,"

"Hazel Levesque, goddess of curses,"

"Frank Zhang, god of transformations,"

"Leo Valdez, god of fire,"

"Piper Mclean, goddess of natural beauty and persuasion,"

"Jason grace, gos of air storms and flying,"

Everyone was awed at the sight of us. We were all very happy at the new prospect of living forever, but I will always ffeel his absense in my heart. i flashed out to the beach of camp halfblood and sat there, drowning myself in my sorrows as I watched the ocean mourn for it's child.