Chapter VIII

CHAOS’S P.O.V.

Percy was the heir to the universe. That was a good surprise to start my day. Kaia seemed happy enough meeting him, since she had watched him grow up and he had become her favourite demigod. And now, him being more powerful than her, he had become her hero, I could see it in her eyes.

“So…” Percy said, in the middle of the awkward silence. “What happens now,” He was sitting on his throne with his legs crossed, playing with his fingers. Huh! I guess becoming a god did not take away his ADHD.

“We are going to summon the Primordial council!” I said, sending a ball of energy out of the room. In about three seconds, 6 more thrones appeared, with immortal deities in all of them. There was Tartarus, Erebus, Eros, Ourea, Aether, Hydros, and lastly Gaia. They all stared at Percy in amazement, because they all knew the famous hero.

Everyone looked happy, except for… Gaia. She looked beyond mad. She was shaking with anger and she got off her throne and stalked to the middle of the throne room.

“What. Are. You. Doing. Here?” she snarled, saying every word like it was its own sentence. I gulped. I had completely forgotten that Perseus had just defeated her back on earth, well this will get interesting! Where is my popcorn?

THIRD PERSON

Percy gulped at the sight of Gaia standing in front of him. For a second he forgot that he was the second most powerful being in the universe.

“It wasn’t my choice!” he exclaimed. No one else noticed that Chaos and Kaia had summoned some popcorn for the occasion, looking forward to the sight to come.

“Why are you here? You still haven’t answered my question!” Gaia screeched.

“You killed me remember?! After I defeated you…” He was cut short by Hydros.

“Wait a minute. Gaia, you were defeated by a demigod? One demigod?!” Gaia grumbled something about unfair advantages but then turned back to Percy.

“Continue,”

“As I was saying, once I defeated you I was brought here, not by Chaos, and I have only learned now that it was fate,” around now, he realised that he had become more powerful than Gaia. “And I will hear no more complaining from you now sit down and let’s talk civilly and I might forgive for almost destroying everything I care about,”

“YOU CAN’T BOSS ME AROUND!”

“Ah! But I think I can. Look at where I am sitting,” She turned towards him and gasped. Only now had everyone realised that he had taken up the seat.

PERCY’S P.O.V.

Gods! These primordial gods are really slow. I looked over to Chaos and Kaia and noticed they had eaten a whole bowl of popcorn eat and were watching the situation with amusement in their eyes.

-Kaia, would you like to help me humiliate Gaia? I will not stand for her trying to destroy my home.- I asked Kaia in her head. She nodded furiously.

-What should we do?-

-I was thinking… Shrink he!-

-YES!!!-

-On Three-

I started counting and gathering up power and I saw Kaia doing the same.

“1, 2…3!” We both shot a beam at Gaia, and she slowly shrunk, to about the size of a toddler, hilarious when everyone else in the room is about 20feet tall. Everyone cracked up at the sight of the miniature goddess. I shrunk down to human size. “If you ever hurt my family again, I am not going to humiliate you. I am going to do things you will never imagine, you would wish to fade, and it will be that bad. This time, I am forgiving you, and we can be friends, but if my family ever gets hurt again because of you I won’t hesitate. I am the second most powerful being, and heir to the universe, and don’t you forget it.” I stared to walk back to my throne and I clicked my finger, letting Gaia back to her original size. Once everyone was seated, I decided to start. “Now that that is finished, let’s start this council meeting again. Hi I am Perseus Jackson and it turns out I am now the heir to the universe. Nice to meet you,”

“Ah! I forgot something Percy!” Chaos said, with an evil smirk on his face. “This,”

I his hands a crown formed. My eyes widened. I really didn’t want to be that recognisable. A crown would mean they know who I am.

“No! You can’t make me wear that!” I tried to run for the door but Chaos just laughed and snapped his fingers, and the crown was on my head.

A crown, the worst torture imaginable. I hate them, people treat you differently, and I just want to be as normal as possible, but this, ruins it. I grumbled and went to sit down. I hate crowns.