Chapter VI

PERCY’S P.O.V.

I just stood there for a while blinking the tears that had started to cloud my vision out of my eyes. Annabeth, my Annabeth thought I was dead. I couldn’t bare think of the possibility of never seeing her again.

“When will I see her again Chaos?” I asked him, without taking my eyes off the spot Annabeth just disappeared from.

“Well that depends. We need to find out why you were sent here in the first place. As I said before, I did not bring you here, something even more powerful did. It was beyond my control. But, seeing as you are here, I’ve been needing to get a commander of my army, the best hero out there was what I was looking for,” he answered me. 

I ripped my eyes off the floor and to Chaos’ face. His eyes were shining, as if he just got the biggest present one could ask for.

“Why are you telling me this? If you need to find the best hero, shouldn’t you be out there doing it?” I asked him, confused. He just stared at me in shock, before smiling.

“You really are as thick as you act, you are the greatest hero of course!” he exclaimed, and I just stared.

“Me?”

“Yes you,”

“But I can’t be the best hero!”

“Ah! You really are that modest!”

At this I blushed and he just laughed. “Anyway, let me introduce you to my daughter!” he said, leading me through the many corridors that lay outside of the room until we finally made it to a throne room.

It was huge, like twice the size of the one on Olympus. There were only 3 thrones in the room. A giant one, with exploding stars, and as dark as obsidian, which I guessed was Chaos’ throne, because it was in the middle of the room. In between the other two thrones.

The one on the right was absolutely amazing. It was as white as white could get. Radiating off it was such a power that brought energy right back into my limbs. At this I realised how tired I must have been before I entered the throne room. I guess that shows what fighting and winning a war does to you.

The last throne was very out of place. It was to the left and was just a plain looking chair. It was bigger than the one on the right but not quite as big as Chaos’.

“Daughter! Come meet the future commander of the army!” Chaos shouted into the air. There was a blinding flash and on the white throne appeared a girl around my age but in an impressive godly height of 20 feet. Noticing me and Chaos in human size she shrank down and ran over to us. Her hair was an amazing chestnut colour that went down to her waist and her eyes were a vibrant purple. Very beautiful but also very intimidating. We was wearing light blue skinny jeans with flats, along with a pure white singlet. Around her waist was hanging a sword.

“Hi, I’m Kaia!” She said reaching her hand out for me to shake. I shook it and said

“Nice to meet you Kaia, my name is Percy Jackson,” At this her eyes widened and looked over at Chaos.

“This is the Percy Jackson?!” Chaos just nodded, smiling. “Wow! You are amazing! Anyway back to the point, are we going to make Percy an immortal now? So he can command the army Dad?” she asked and Chaos once again nodded. He was about to say something before the strangest thing happened.

I was lifted into the air by an invisible force. A sea-green aura engulfed me, covering my whole body in the light. I suddenly felt power running through my body and I felt more there. I realised that I had finally been brought fully back to the land of the living. The power kept increasing trough my body, more than I had before. It started getting painful and I let out a strangled scream, before the pain suddenly subsided.

The thing that really scared me was that I was now really very tall. Like to seven foot tall, more like 25 feet. I stared down at my feet and noticed that Chaos and Kaia were standing there with their mouths wide open.

“What?” I asked.

“You are the one!” Kaia gaped at me.

“What do you mean the one?” Chaos and Kaia grew to their godly height so they could talk to me normally. Chaos was 30 feet tall. In other words, really tall.

“There was a prophecy that the heir of the universe will be hidden away on a planet and will live a dangerous life and save their people many times before sacrificing themselves for everyone. This hero was the one of pure soul. As in, instead of having those few flaws that we all have, they would be completely pure and good, not a single demon within them. They were in take over the universe if I ever faded. This hero turns out to be you.” Chaos explained, with his eyes still wide.

“Oh,” was all I could answer with.

“Aww that’s not fair! There is another person more powerful than me!” complained Kaia, in a friendly manner.

“Wait, more powerful?” I asked, wincing at the thought. I never really like power.

“Yes more powerful. See, I’m the primordial goddess of life and immortality, and now the third most powerful being in the universe, after you and dad of course,” she replied. Wow, the goddess of immortality and life, two incredibly powerful domains.

“You are now the prince of the universe, and this is your throne,” said Chaos as he gestured behind me. I turned round and gasped. The out of place chair was now breathtaking. It was a sea green colour and moved like the ocean. There were patterns that changed along the chair. Along the ground there were brick like patterns. About a third of the chair later were wave patterns. Along the top third there were air swirls, ever moving like the water pattern. All these were gold on top of the sea green water. WOW.

“Oh. I almost forgot! You are not bound by ancient laws, meaning you will still be the commander of the army and along with your domains and your title, this is what makes you so powerful,” Chaos said.

“What are my domains?” I asked politely.

“Behold, Perseus Jackson, Defeater of Kronos, Bane of Gaea, Prince of the Universe, God of the Elements, Creation, Loyalty, Bravery and Judgment!”