Chapter XVIII

ON OLYMPUS

“Hello all you gods, I am going to train you, and before you say anything, yes, I am capable of this task, for I am no longer a mere demi-god. I am the Prince of the Universe so you will all do what would be in your best interests, and that’s listening to me,” Percy said, to all the gods and goddesses that had gathered for training in the throne room. He smirked. It was now time for a bit of fun. “You will not enjoy this training, it will not be easy. Rule number one, no powers,”

At this there were groans heard throughout the room, and with a click of his fingers, Percy eradicated their powers. Now there were gasps circulating and a few collapsed deities. “Those who collapsed relied solely on their powers. I am going to train you so you do not rely on them, rather use them as an asset. NOW LET’S MOVE!”

Let Tartarus begin.

POSEIDON’S P.O.V.

Note to self, never let Perseus train us again. Though he does have a point, this training would not be that hard if we all did some work now and then, and luckily I have.

We had just run five laps of Olympus (and that is very far) and most of us were on the ground. I wasn’t and surprisingly, neither was Hermes or Apollo.

“Question, when was the last time you ran, instead of flashed, and did some exercise?” Percy asked. “Yesterday?” My hand along with Hermes’ goes up. “A week ago?” Apollo’s hand. “A month ago?” No one “A year ago?” five hands. “A decade ago?” 50 or so hands go up. “Well that is disappointing. Those who do exercise stay here, everyone else TEN MORE LAPS!” Percy shouted and they all scurried off, in a very fast pace. Then he turned his eyes towards us. “Good job, it’s nice to know that some people do some exercise!” he congratulated us.

We all just smiled at each other until Apollo spoke up.

“So what do you have planned for us?” Hermes and I looked on in curiosity.

“Well, let’s just say that you will definitely be sleeping in tomorrow, since I am going to train you three specially.” He looked at us closely. “You will be my best team,”

Hermes groaned but smiled (Yes that is possible), Apollo looked stunned and I just smiled.

“Sounds fun,”

“Now we have approximately one hour to train you,” Percy said, looking down at his watch.

“Is that even possible?” Hermes asked, disbelieving.

“When you can control the universe? Yes, yes it is!”

­­­­TWO YEARS LATER

3RD PERSON

“All right you three, we are done!” Percy yelled in celebration to the three gods standing in front of him. There were relieved faces everywhere. The last two years had been intensive training, and now they found out that not only were they going to be the elite team under Percy’s command, but they had all gained many new powers and were now protectors of the universe. “Now should we go see if the others have finished their ten laps,” he smirked.

“Oh yeah,” Poseidon realised.

“I had forgotten about them,” added Apollo.

“Totally and utterly,” said Hermes.

“Well then, let’s go,” and with that they were all transported back to the throne room.

“It had been an hour since they started their races, go ahead and get comfortable, they will be another few minutes,” Said Percy, summoning his throne while the others settled in theirs.

PERCY’S P.O.V.

I summoned my throne and sat down and of course, a few minutes later, everyone was stumbling throne the giant doors. “Did you enjoy your run?” I asked them. As you can imagine there was a lot of groaning going on. “Oh, stop whining, you didn’t have to do two ears intensive training in that time,” I told them and Ares’ head shot up.

“What do you mean two years?!” he exclaimed.

“He means that while you were running my son took us into an alternate dimension and trained Apollo, Hermes, and myself in everything you can possibly think of,” replied father from behind.

The disbelieving gazes that met us was hilarious that I summoned a camera. YES! Finally I captured one of these moments!

“So you are all trained in that time!?” Shouted Athena and dad turned towards her.

“Yep”

“No fair!”

“Ah but Athena, did no one ever tell you life isn’t fair?”

“Oh yes, did I forget to mention that Poseidon, Apollo, and Hermes are going to be the ones that take over your training, well I did now and enjoy!” and I left the scene once seeing the mischievous looks on all three of the new trainers faces.

“Hi Wise Girl!” I whispered into her ear and she spun around so fast that I was knocked back.  “Woah, Annabeth, careful”

“Sorry, sorry, I am still not used to you being back,” she said, looking down, and I just chuckled.

“Don’t worry about it, I understand,” and with that I brought her into a kiss.

We sat on half-blood hill, observing my team teach and train the campers. It was a wonderful sight, seeing a new generation of campers with the old, it shows how we can all endure.

After a while of sitting in silence Annabeth turns to me.

“Did you know that there was going to be another war when you came, is that why you came?” she asked me and I turned back to her with surprise, why would she want to know that?

“Yes, that is why we came,” …and then the realisation hit me. “But I have been thinking about you every single day that I was away, trust me, I have wanted to come back but unfortunately with my new role as heir of the universe I really did not have the time. And when this is all over, I will take you and Andromeda with me and we can be a family again,” and that was just what she wanted to hear, a reassurance that I really still did love her.

The day turned to night and Artemis drove her moon chariot into the sky and the stars shined brightly. I knew what this was. It was the calm before the storm but I have learnt that I have to enjoy this crystal time before it shatters in the midst of war. That the tranquillity that was hanging around me tonight could last such a short time before disappearing and endangering the lives of so many.

 So as I lay there with Annabeth, I took a deep breath and extended my senses, letting them touch every single living thing around me, feeling all the god magic that laced the air. And just before I was about to drift of, Annabeth muttered

“I really need to find a new nickname for you. You have become too smart, but you will always be my seaweed brain,” and with that we both fell asleep with smiles on our faces.