Chapter XXIV

PERCY

Through my many domains that I gained when I became immortal, the one I used the least was judgement. Each domain carried its own power and with my dominion of judgement this power came with a price. This power would ultimately let me decide who was worthy in living and who was doomed to die. It helped me distinguish the intent of one's soul, and therefore if I activated it, it would surely wipe out all the monsters, giants, and primordial that meant harmed towards my fellow mortals and gods. I lifted my head up from where it had momentarily rested on my chest and faced my enemy. It was time. I turned back only once more to drink in the sight of all my friends and family, as the domain of judgment demanded a price to be evoked, my very essence. When all was done, I would cease to exist.

THIRD PERSON

"Chaos? What is he planning?" Annabeth whispered as her eyes stayed glue to Percy's form. However, when all that answered her was silence, she ripped her eyes away from her beloved and turned them to Chaos, who merely stood there as a tear slipped down his cheek.

Chaos had realised his heir's plan and knew that he could do nothing.

"He is sacrificing himself, that idiot," he said hoarsely, and all those surrounding him froze.

"He's doing it again..." Poseidon could not hold back the sorrow from entering his voice. Like Chaos, he had noticed the determined resolve in Perseus' steps and had gathered that his son will not return again. Tears gathered in his eyes, before falling down his face.

As Percy began to chant, the battlefield grew even more silent, as everyone watched the god who was now emitting a huge amount of power. The enemy themselves seemed to also be stuck still, unable to attack. There was a sense of dread that ran through their ranks, as much as monsters could feel. The Titans turned to one another panic, gleaming in their eyes as they seemed to come to the revelation that this might soon be their demise. Percy's voice rang throughout the silent field, a voice filled with such power and age, that seemed to take on a life of its own.

Annabeth and Andromeda could merely stand to the side and embrace each other, dread filling both of them. Even without Chaos voicing his plans, it was now very obvious what was about to occur as Perseus released energy from his body freely, that filled the air like a cloud and spread throughout the awaiting enemy.

Each god, goddess, and demigod watched on, awed at the amount of power being released, while the soldiers of Chaos' army were barely able to hold themselves together as they looked on, waiting for their commander's death.

As Percy finished his chant a powerful shock wave flew from his body, emitting rings of the brightest gold. As the wave of power filtered through both monster and man alike, it felled every evil creature within its reach. The wave continued flowing further and further, the whole world noticing its effects, as murders experienced sudden heart attacks and abusers fell to the ground in pain. Not only were the monsters gone, but so were all those with a truly corrupted heart. The remaining titans, as well and Nyx and Tartarus vanished in a puff of golden sand, returning them to the very darkest and desolate pits of the underworld.

Order had been restored; the monsters would once more have to crawl one by one from the pit of hell.

A cheer rang throughout the survivors, and elation filled the crowd. All the demigods and immortals that had not stood will Chaos on at the very front, cheered for the victory that had just occurred, completely unaware of what had just occurred, and unknowingly ignoring the heartbroken looks on the faces of many.

Percy was still standing in the now unmoving piles of golden ash. He could hear the celebration behind him, and all he could do was giving a brief smile before collapsing to the ground.

It was in the sudden hush accompanying the cries of grief, that Perseus drew his last breath, knowing that he had saved them all, and at peace.